Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having an order in since hour one of day one

I finally got allocated yesterday, with one catch... I could only get a manual.

Apparently no more autos being made... or at least this was what I was informed by my dealer.

I'm pretty disappointed in this whole ordering/allocation process, the whole thing has really taken the steam out of me as a mopar fan.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sorry to hear man! I would be pissed! That's not a "little" thing either. I know there are plenty of 6-speed manual drivers here that would prefer that transmission, but if you were expecting the quicker 8-speed auto and told you couldn't get it after waiting this long I would definitely be disappointed as well!

//edit...on the other hand, well...it's a pretty high valued vehicle right now. You could...........

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
//edit...on the other hand, well...it's a pretty high valued vehicle right now. You could...........
I know, my dealer told me that, but I'm not into it. Ethically it seems wrong to me, among other reasons that makes me not care the go that route.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I was given the same line but with all the stick cars we own, and it is slower in the 1/4 PASS Huge let down too," hey we can order your car but......"

·
Registered
29 Posts
I sincerely doubt that 'no more autos are being made.' What probably happened is that they have a bottleneck in producing the automatic transmissions. People who ordered manuals will move up in line a bit and when the autos come in those will be filled in order.

I WISH they would only produce manuals. That's what I want and I'd love to see them on dealer lots.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I sincerely doubt that 'no more autos are being made.' What probably happened is that they have a bottleneck in producing the automatic transmissions. People who ordered manuals will move up in line a bit and when the autos come in those will be filled in order.

I WISH they would only produce manuals. That's what I want and I'd love to see them on dealer lots.
No more Hellcat Automatics for 2015 are going to roll off the assembly line (according to Dodge). The next Hellcat auto will be a 2016.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Auto's will still be made, but it seems they are cutting back to save some for the Charger.
There is definitely a shortage going on with these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
Hellcat15
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing