Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,303 Posts
What package gets you these Illuminated Air Catcher headlights???
The R/T T/A package. All Scat Packs, including specific for the T/A and 1320, Hellcats

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
14,462 Posts
I'm amazed at how many variations you see when it comes to the Scat Pack trim. I have a very early production 2015 SP, produced in October of 2014. The seats have stitched red R/T logos and the only way you would know it's a SP is from the rear deck stripe and the bees on the front fenders. There are no other call outs, no animated dashboard bee, no bezels, nothing.
The early '15 SP had delays with some of the packages

You had to order SP Appearance Pkg to get the seats with SP Bee logos, otherwise you had the R/T logo seats...another tell tale was SPAG equipped cars had the bumble bee tail stripe

The early SPAG pkg didn't get SP Bee animations in IP cluster (and it couldn't be flashed afterward)

·
Super Moderator
14,462 Posts
What package gets you these Illuminated Air Catcher headlights???
2019 Shakers started having the illuminated Air Catcher lights

·
Super Moderator
14,462 Posts
Think 2017 was the last year for the leather seats with SHAKER stitched on them. If you have alcantara seats then will definitely not have it. It will either be the Bee or nothing. Scat Pack Appearance Group is no more and all Scat Packs should get the Bees on the seats.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
2016 was last model year for the all- leather Shaker seats with the "Shaker" logo embroidery.

From '17 onward, houndstooth cloth was standard and the Alcantara "suede" / leather trim seat was the only option with the SP Bee logo.

From '18 onward the houndstooth std seat started to feature the SP Bee logo... and still had the optional alcantara leather seat as before

·
Super Moderator
14,462 Posts
I was on the dodge.com site - I noticed something. The image has a body color trim ring!!

that would be a new one to me - they've been black color from '14 - '18 shakers...so it will interesting to see if the production '19s are done this way.

for historical reference - all '70 / '71 shaker equipped cars had body color trim rings and the '70 scoop was available in Argent (silver) or Black with a rare red body color option (was pulled later in production due to paint discoloration issues) and all '71s were black...

2019 shaker image.jpg

·
Registered
985 Posts
The early '15 SP had delays with some of the packages

You had to order SP Appearance Pkg to get the seats with SP Bee logos, otherwise you had the R/T logo seats...another tell tale was SPAG equipped cars had the bumble bee tail stripe

The early SPAG pkg didn't get SP Bee animations in IP cluster (and it couldn't be flashed afterward)
Yep, mine has the SPAG and of course the bee seats were not in the car. I recall people being upset over this along with not being able to flash the car to get the bee animation.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Speaking of seats - do any Challengers have a power passenger seat?

I did not see one listed as standard for any model or as part of any package.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
818 Posts
Speaking of seats - do any Challengers have a power passenger seat?

I did not see one listed as standard for any model or as part of any package.
I don't believe so, they are manual to allow the easy entry rear function to work.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I was on the dodge.com site - I noticed something. The image has a body color trim ring!!

that would be a new one to me - they've been black color from '14 - '18 shakers...so it will interesting to see if the production '19s are done this way.

for historical reference - all '70 / '71 shaker equipped cars had body color trim rings and the '70 scoop was available in Argent (silver) or Black with a rare red body color option (was pulled later in production due to paint discoloration issues) and all '71s were black...

View attachment 980155
My B5 blue Shaker has the black ring around the shaker scoop.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
My B5 blue Shaker has the black ring around the shaker scoop.
That's how they've been since 2014.

I've looked at a few on cars.com and they were black too so either the Dodge site is wrong or it's only on late 2019's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

21 - 31 of 31 Posts