Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
I don't think so. That whole panel is going to have to be replaced. Any airbags go off? Did the door get hit at all?Rear looks like the spindle broke, possibly hub will have to be replaced, suspension, and cv. Diff is likely fine. Rocker looks Ok from what I can see as well.

$400 quarter panel
$400 hub
$500 spindle
$100 cv
$100-200 Suspension
Body, paint and labor.... Looks like it could be a $4K-$5K bill. hard to tell from the pics.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2012 rt 110 thousand miles is it totalled ?
I don't think so. That whole panel is going to have to be replaced. Any airbags go off? Did the door get hit at all?Rear looks like the spindle broke, possibly hub will have to be replaced, suspenssion, and cv. Diff is likely fine. Rocker looks Ok from what I can see as well.

$400 quarter panel
$400 hub
$500 spindle
$100 cv
$100-200 Suspension
Body, paint and labor.... Looks like it could be a $4K-$5K bill. hard to tell from the pics.
no no air bags came out and the door is fine the pillar has some damage to though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2012 rt 110 thousand miles is it totalled ?
I don't think so. That whole panel is going to have to be replaced. Any airbags go off? Did the door get hit at all?Rear looks like the spindle broke, possibly hub will have to be replaced, suspenssion, and cv. Diff is likely fine. Rocker looks Ok from what I can see as well.

$400 quarter panel
$400 hub
$500 spindle
$100 cv
$100-200 Suspension
no no air bags came out and the door is fine the pillar has some damage to though
is that all one peice ?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Bummer

Glad you are ok.

Totaled? Maybe.

My research indicates your car is worth as a trade in between $11K to $12.5K and $15.3K clean retail. (At 110K miles while I'm sure the car is in good condition I'm not sure it would quality as a "clean retail" car.)

That's a pretty hard hit to cause that wheel to be angled like it is. Besides suspected damage to the rear axle/diff, that suggests some "tub" or chassis damage: I'm talking specifically about the hard points to which all the critical suspension/drive train components bolt. While this type of damage -- within reason -- to these can be repaired doing so can get expensive. The other insurance company may decide totaling the car is the least expensive way to go.

Best advice I can offer is find a highly regarded body/paint shop and let the shop do what it needs to do -- probably at least a mini-tear down -- and evaluate the car and the true extent of the damage and come up with a repair estimate.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,210 Posts
Welcome to the forum but sorry it had to be on such a bad note. Hard to say if it's totaled from the pictures (although pretty much anything can be fixed it's just a mater of money), good luck and hopefully your car is back on the road soon.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Welcome from California. Sorry to see that

A Guy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do not forget Diminished Value on top of all that. 5k in damage 5k in DV (maybe see what a dealer says), get the check for 10k and put it down on a new one.
i have gap insurance but i already paid 18k on the car this is my first accident so idk much im on my moms insurance she said if its totalled they just pay the rest off and all my money i paid is gone ive only had the car for 26 months i bout it at 60 thousands

·
Registered
953 Posts
It's very likely a total. The inner structure is 1/4" away from the outer 1/4 panel. At minimum you need a 1/4 panel, outer wheel house, inner side structure (which usually requires that the roof is removed and replaced), an upper roof rail/uni-side (because the 1/4 panel damage extends beyond the OEM approved sectioning location), a rear bumper, wheel, associated suspension components and so on...

Just the labor for installing the 1/4 is 19 hours or about $1,000. That's before paint.

You have major structural damage and correctly written the car will total.

I actually do these repairs professionally. If that estimate comes back at under $20,000, you are at the wrong shop and the repair will not be completed correctly.

·
Registered
953 Posts
@;
I'd love to repair her at my Collision center
Why? From a business perspective, totals are the easiest money a shop can make and repairing a total is doing a great disservice to the customer.

When you repair a total you...

1, cut corners in an effort to keep cost down.
and/or
2, screw the tech on hours.
and/or
3, do procedures for free out of the goodness of your hart (3, never happens).

In my shop it would be totaled in under an hour.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) I feel your pain.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts