Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just took delivery of my SRT8-392 IE!
Looks great....at least from what I can see in darkness.
A few thoughts...& questions....

1) no spare tire?

2) no ipod cable?

3) i'm used to driving manual tranny's, but this one is going to take some practice! seems i'm either over-revving to get started...or stalling out. gotta learn to feather. guess i'm used to C5 Vette....just take ur foot off clutch & it goes!

4) TPMS light on dash went on for a sec when i hit a bump.

5) Notice a "thump" sound whenever i push in clutch when shifting. Normal?

6) Got it from out-of-state dealer, where no front tag is required. However, the lovely Garden State does require one. But no front bracket was included. Was it supposed to be....or did it go the way of the spare tire?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
There are no spare tires with the SRT 8 only a tire repair kit in trunk when you lift the trunk floor liner up in the back should be a styrofoam insert in there with the air pump green slime setup. Ipod cable in my 09 was in the center console/storage box.

Should have been Lic. Plate holder in trunk also.

TPS and bump hard to say. Personaly I never experienced this but others may have.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

1) no spare tire?

2) no ipod cable?

3) i'm used to driving manual tranny's, but this one is going to take some practice! seems i'm either over-revving to get started...or stalling out. gotta learn to feather. guess i'm used to C5 Vette....just take ur foot off clutch & it goes!

4) TPS light on dash went on for a sec when i hit a bump.

6) Got it from out-of-state dealer, where no front tag is required. However, the lovely Garden State does require one. But no front bracket was included. Was it supposed to be....or did it go the way of the spare tire?

Thanks!
Congrats! Looks great! :thumbsup:

1. No for any SRT8 due the clearance issue with the Brembo brakes.

2. Mine did not come with an Ipod cable as well. They have them listed on the Mopar Accessories site. I don't think it's was supposed to be included.

6. Not included in states such as PA. You may want to see if the dealer will order you one for free.

·
Registered
421 Posts

1) no spare tire?

2) no ipod cable?

4) TPS light on dash went on for a sec when i hit a bump.

Thanks!
I'm from NJ and I'm not having the plate holder put on my car. It ruins the front look, so I'll keep the plate in the windshield instead. I actually told my salesman that if they put the front plate holder on the car, I'm refusing the car.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
The iPOD cable interface has been replaced with a USB interface so no iPOD cable is included with the 2011 models. BTW, the USB interface does not work well, at least on my car.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Solution...never buy Apple products. :D

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are no spare tires with the SRT 8 only a tire repair kit in trunk when you lift the trunk floor liner up in the back should be a styrofoam insert in there with the air pump green slime setup. Ipod cable in my 09 was in the center console/storage box.

Should have been Lic. Plate holder in trunk also.

TPS and bump hard to say. Personaly I never experienced this but others may have.
Thanks for all the replies!

Found the "Slime" Tire kit. Trouble with that is it F***'s up the tires & sensors.

No Ipod cable in console....
& no lic plate bracket anywhere.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! Looks great! :thumbsup:

1. No for any SRT8 due the clearance issue with the Brembo brakes.

2. Mine did not come with an Ipod cable as well. They have them listed on the Mopar Accessories site. I don't think it's was supposed to be included.

6. Not included in states such as PA. You may want to see if the dealer will order you one for free.
Checked with dealer, Said none of them come with front plate brackets. Although the factory sheet in trunk has a big "YES" in the "Front License Bracket" Box. Said he could special order one. Hmm...wonder if that'll be free??

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm from NJ and I'm not having the plate holder put on my car. It ruins the front look, so I'll keep the plate in the windshield instead. I actually told my salesman that if they put the front plate holder on the car, I'm refusing the car.
I hear ya on that! not planning to drill...but i want to install in thru mesh on lower grill with long toggle bolts.
Plate in window can still get you stopped..& fined in NJ. Don't need the hassle.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The iPOD cable interface has been replaced with a USB interface so no iPOD cable is included with the 2011 models. BTW, the USB interface does not work well, at least on my car.
Not real computer literate. Can you elaborate on the usb thing? What exactly is the difference? How does it not "work well"??

·
Registered
653 Posts
SSX how do you get your iPod to hook up? I tried hooking my iPad, iPhone 4, and iPhone 3g and NONE of them would connect at all through the center console.

1) no spare tire?

2) no ipod cable?

4) TPMS light on dash went on for a sec when i hit a bump.

Thanks!
In regards to the front plate you definitely should get one. I just bought mine in NJ and it came with a front plate bracket in the trunk because I asked them not to install it and plan on doing the same thing as you with the toggle bolts.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
check your tire pressure, mine came with only 24 PSI from dealer, should have been 35 to 45 PSI

·
Registered
421 Posts
I still think I'd rather just pay the ticket if I got one. Most cops in my area unless they are "looking for things and have a hardon" will let you go if it's displayed in your window.
That show and go bracket is still better then the permanent one but it's still there while driving.

·
Registered
112 Posts
License Plate Holder

The "Show-N-Go" is pretty cool, however it's a pretty low mount, being under the front spoiler and it appears that it has to be mounted off center to work or fit properly.

I am looking into this one also Skene Design License Plate Mount

This one still mounts to the bumper with holes underneath. appears to be adjustable................ Haven't made my mind up yet

1 - 17 of 17 Posts