Reactions: LKQ392

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
What is wrong with you? Ppppppppppiiiiiiiiiiiiiccccccccccccccccssssssssssssss

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats! Make sure you post some pics whenever you get the chance!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Congrats!

Barely 3 months into our 2013 HemiOrange R/T and 4500 miles and loving it every day!
I'm falling victim to the same addiction. 1 month and about to cross over the 2K mark.

Reactions: HemiOrangeRT

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Awesome. Welcome aboard from Ohio....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK. Couple of quick observations.........

Love the car! Boy that 1-2, 2-3 shift can be a little moody. Not sure if it is looking for the 1-4 shift or not. Since they forgot to give me an owners manual, I had to download one for quick reference......

Was gonna do an oil change, tranny and rear change at 1,000 miles. Any thoughts on this? Is there break-in oil in these motors? Doesn't seem to be.

Do you really have to go 60mph an under for the first 500 miles as I have found on this forum. If so, uh oh....

Seems to be an occassional exhaust pop upon decel. Low restriction exhaust here? Is this normal?

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
My 6 speed was a little 'moody' as well for the first 500-700 miles....

I was told to vary the speed for the first 500 miles... meaning... try not to drive 65 constant for 100 miles... Other than that take it somewhat easy for the first 500 then you are good.

Oil change.... everyone has a different opinion on that first one... I did my first one at 2,500 miles.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I had my factory fill analyzed by Blackstone and they said it was nothing out of the ordinary and pretty much told me it was a waste to have changed it so soon but it sure isn't going to hurt anything. Popping during deceleration sounds a little odd though. I have never had that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
540 Posts
OK. Couple of quick observations.........

Love the car! Boy that 1-2, 2-3 shift can be a little moody. Not sure if it is looking for the 1-4 shift or not. Since they forgot to give me an owners manual, I had to download one for quick reference......

Was gonna do an oil change, tranny and rear change at 1,000 miles. Any thoughts on this? Is there break-in oil in these motors? Doesn't seem to be.

Do you really have to go 60mph an under for the first 500 miles as I have found on this forum. If so, uh oh....

Seems to be an occassional exhaust pop upon decel. Low restriction exhaust here? Is this normal?
1-2 an 2-3 can be fixed by letting the tranny fluid warm up a bit and lubricate the synchros by shifting while you let the engine warm up. Go 1-2-1-2-1-2, neutral, let the clutch out, wait five seconds. Then the same for 3rd and 4th. Also I think there's some info on this forum about better fluid. Yeah there is a skip-shift from 1st. I've experienced it a few times and can almost make it happen on demand. I usually go 1-3-4 these days now any how. 2nd is good for traffic between 7mph and 15mph and racing. I think a tuner is the next step for me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"1-2 an 2-3 can be fixed by letting the tranny fluid warm up a bit and lubricate the synchros by shifting while you let the engine warm up. Go 1-2-1-2-1-2, neutral, let the clutch out, wait five seconds. Then the same for 3rd and 4th. Also I think there's some info on this forum about better fluid. Yeah there is a skip-shift from 1st. I've experienced it a few times and can almost make it happen on demand. I usually go 1-3-4 these days now any how. 2nd is good for traffic between 7mph and 15mph and racing. I think a tuner is the next step for me."

Interesting. I will try that but I did have it happen when it was warmed up a bit.Think I need to give it more time to break in and for me to get used to it. Can't say my shifting has been perfect yet. It's been a while since I drove a manual full time.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts