Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer called me early this morning and told me my new SRT8 was delivered there at 9:00am. He asked when I wanted to take delivery and I told him "yesterday". Actually I ordered on 2/28 so the wait was not bad at all. Other people here on the forum are going through hell trying to get their cars, so I feel very fortunate. Anyhow, I ordered the car from a friend who is the GM at the dealership but he assigned a salesman to deliver it. Check this out, his name is Ron "Kowalski" and when I told him how ironic that a dude named Kowalski is delivering my Challenger, all I got back was a look of confusion because he obviously never saw Vanishing Point. I still thought it was funny as hell though and after I explained it he said he was renting the DVD tonight. Anyhow, although I have a deep admiration for the old Mopars, I was more a Ford guy but when I saw a new Challenger in 2008, I knew then and there I'd own one someday. Being 6'5" and 275 lbs, Mustangs do not fit my body and I don't care for the Camaro much and the Challenger is a nice big muscle car that fits my body (as long as I don't have a sunroof). I put 35 miles on it today and I am very impressed. The car looks great, sounds great, superb brakes and handles like a car smaller than it is. Havent gotten on it yet, but it feels like theres plenty of power to be had. Love the Harmon 730N (RHR) nav/radio setup. I was a little worried because I have read complaints about paint quality, but the finish looks very good. Anyhow, I'm happy of my decision to get one of these. Hopefully this week I get my Hurst shifter installed and man its gonna be a fun summer! Excuse the blurry pics. Taken at the dealers wash bay with a cell phone camera.

2011 Billet SRT8 - Hurst Shifter this week and Corsa Extreme Exhaust hopefully next week or as soon as I can get it

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice! Looks good in that color. Congrats dude!

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
That is one hot looking car. The black stripes look tough!

GRATZ!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is one hot looking car. The black stripes look tough!

GRATZ!

Well I know you ordered the Billet with Gray stripes which I initially thought sounded ridiculous, but after I saw pics , I feel you also made a great decision as that combo looks great as well. I mean, heck, I took the safe route with the black stripes and I'm happy with it and you on the other hand took a risk that paid off big time. There are not alot of SRT8 392's out there and the more unique combinations, the better as far as I'm concerned. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
i would have liked to see how grey stripes look on the billet?

stripes look great in black too...congratulations!

·
Registered
695 Posts
I really like the new silver. Nice ride!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Congratulations on the new car! I am sure you are stoked to have that beauty to drive the weekend before Easter.

But I have to add that it is stories like this that drive us "GWE Waiters" simply crazzzzzyyyy. ;)

I ordered on 2/8 (others ordered even earlier) and most of us still don't even have a VIN and NO cars have even been made in that color yet.

You saunter in 3 weeks later on 2/28, order a car, and here you are taking delivery 7 weeks later. Wow. I am happy for you but simply BAFFLED at how Chrysler does this to consumers. You received the experience you should get when ordering a car. Many of us simply don't.

Anyway, enjoy your Spring and Summer driving experience. You certainly deserve that and should get the most out of it. You are now doing what Chrysler and it's representatives had promised me and many others and failed to deliver.

Sorry for crapping on your thread, but sometimes it is hard to contain my frustration on this.

JFF:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Congrats. I saw a black stripe delete one at the dealer when I took my RT in for its 30 month/30K service.

(Over close to three hundred bucks for a parking brake adjust, new sparkplugs/tune, and oil change is crazy in my opinion- but it is to maintain the lifetime drivetrain warranty)

I was temped to test drive it.
To be honest, if Dodge had done the convertible a 6.5 one would be in the garage.

The wife and I are looking at a Mustang GT vs. Camaro SS convertible.
I would MUCH rather have a seats 5 Challenger Convertible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks amazing!! congrats!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congratulations on the new car! I am sure you are stoked to have that beauty to drive the weekend before Easter.

But I have to add that it is stories like this that drive us "GWE Waiters" simply crazzzzzyyyy. ;)

I ordered on 2/8 (others ordered even earlier) and most of us still don't even have a VIN and NO cars have even been made in that color yet.

You saunter in 3 weeks later on 2/28, order a car, and here you are taking delivery 7 weeks later. Wow. I am happy for you but simply BAFFLED at how Chrysler does this to consumers. You received the experience you should get when ordering a car. Many of us simply don't.

Anyway, enjoy your Spring and Summer driving experience. You certainly deserve that and should get the most out of it. You are now doing what Chrysler and it's representatives had promised me and many others and failed to deliver.

Sorry for crapping on your thread, but sometimes it is hard to contain my frustration on this.

No offense taken. I truly feel for all you GWE guys and at the very least the company should have been up front on the delivery time on those. I think its outrageous and wish you all the best.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Congrats! Greating looking car. I ordered my Billet SRT a few weeks after you, so still waiting for that call. Yours coming in 7 weeks gives me some hope I'll have mine before end of May.

Please post updates on your car and driving experience. Like to hear from as many 2011 owners as possible on how their car is holding up.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts

a new batch of complainers is here to take my place!!!...i knew the GWE guys would go negative....i know what your going through....

my advice is to consider looking at leftover 2010's and consider something available right now.....or get it out of your head and dont think about it until mid summer

i hear $12k off 2010's now....4 weeks ago i probably would have bit at that and gotten a DY or HO leftover

the 392 is awesome though, but $12k off is crazy good too

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've seen Billet with grey stripes. It was cool, but I prefer the black stripes. Congrats!

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
a new batch of complainers is here to take my place!!!...i knew the GWE guys would go negative....i know what your going through....

my advice is to consider looking at leftover 2010's and consider something available right now.....or get it out of your head and dont think about it until mid summer

i hear $12k off 2010's now....4 weeks ago i probably would have bit at that and gotten a DY or HO leftover

the 392 is awesome though, but $12k off is crazy good too
huggytree,

I don't think any of us GWE Waiters will overtake you and wrestle the Complaining Crown from you. :D I never saw ANYONE fuss over a few wrinkled seats so much in my entire life. But I guess you couldn't get those wrinkles "out of your head" huh? LOL!

If I wanted another color, I would certainly be following a different path. But I want GWE. I just wanted it sooner than I am/will be getting it - like maybe in a reasonable amount of time - like the OP did. That's all. I am not nitpicking every little detail on the car like you have been. I can't. I don't have a car! ROFLMAO.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts