Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd painted them red before but instead of painting the caliper and bracket separately (the correct way) I sprayed the entire caliper/bracket/pad area which didn't look terrible but didn't look great either. Today I stripped the paint off the back of the pads and while doing that I went ahead and added some pretty sweet looking decals. I'd love to get some opinions of the job.

Pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Looks nice - I like the decals. I've seen other people with them, I'm very curious to see how long they last. I painted my calipers shortly after getting my car, about every 2-3 months I have to touch up the spots that have been chipped or flaked off (I used the brush-on paint instead of spray).

If not too much of a hassle, could you (or anybody that has the decals, for that matter) post some monthly updates on the condition of the stickers? Thanks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks nice - I like the decals. I've seen other people with them, I'm very curious to see how long they last. I painted my calipers shortly after getting my car, about every 2-3 months I have to touch up the spots that have been chipped or flaked off (I used the brush-on paint instead of spray).

If not too much of a hassle, could you (or anybody that has the decals, for that matter) post some monthly updates on the condition of the stickers? Thanks!
No problem, will do. I'm also very worried about how long they'll last. I was terrified today as I was washing the wheels that the decals wouldn't handle getting wet well. They did okay but it's only been a day. We'll see......

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Looks good... looks a lot like mine but I didn't think to add the R/T decals.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Those look so much better than stock, Nice Job:thumbsup:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Looks awesome man, nice work!

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Looks great, looking to do my calipers in the coming weeks. Thanks for the link to the stickers too.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look great.. I've been thinking of decals myself. So, one "set" for $12.99 gets you a set of 23 decals? Seems like a pretty good price to me.

Mike
Yes, comes with all 23 decals. Be careful with them. They're very easy to mangle if you're careless when putting them on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
maybe the next person to work with the decals can try using them as a mask instead? Paint a patch of white, let it dry, then decal over the white and lay down the red caliper paint... sounds like only a little extra work, for a more durable effect!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts