Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I scrapped the stock exhaust and added my Dynomax Ultra Flow X. The sound is about what I wanted, there's a little drone around 3K but I honestly think it will go away as the muffler breaks in.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
plus two on the new tips...looks great!!!

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Make me plus 3. That's a good looking setup. Vids?

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Looks like a copy of the Solo Mach-X setup (Not a bad thing). How about on the freeway and the 1600-2000 RPM range? Any drone issues there?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like a copy of the Solo Mach-X setup (Not a bad thing). How about on the freeway and the 1600-2000 RPM range? Any drone issues there?
No drone at all cruising, just a low burble. I'll try and do a vid this weekend. I might end up throwing a couple glass packs on the back to take a little edge off the sound.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
No drone at all cruising, just a low burble. I'll try and do a vid this weekend. I might end up throwing a couple glass packs on the back to take a little edge off the sound.
Nice! My bad, just noticed this was in the V6 section so the 5.7 drone zone doesn't apply. Still looks like a good setup, though! :) Congrats.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Looks fantastic. Was this a complete kit or did you get the muffler and the shop plumbed it in. How does it compare to the stock exhaust for interior noise level? Does it have a deeper tone and is it a little louder? I have been looking at this muffler the last couple of weeks and have been considering it.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the drone hasn't gone away so I'm coming to y'all for advice. The car is not too loud at all so I'm not trying to quiet it down, just remove the drone. My thought is 2 - 12 inch glasspacks behind the muffler, but staggered about a foot or so. Would this help, or would it be pointless?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Looks fantastic. Was this a complete kit or did you get the muffler and the shop plumbed it in. How does it compare to the stock exhaust for interior noise level? Does it have a deeper tone and is it a little louder? I have been looking at this muffler the last couple of weeks and have been considering it.
Sorry man, just saw this. See my above post. Other than the drone, it does sound really good. I just bought the muffler and the tips and had a local muffler shop plumb it up. I can get you the part number if you need it for the muffler.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looks good man! I've been wanting quad tips, would really love the part number for those. And looking forward to the vid!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Today I scrapped the stock exhaust and added my Dynomax Ultra Flow X. The sound is about what I wanted, there's a little drone around 3K but I honestly think it will go away as the muffler breaks in.

Before:

After:
Why did you go from two mufflers to just one?? Spend the extra pennies on another muffler and have the shop run a duel exhaust like it should have. Then see how the drone sounds. Should quiet it up and sound better to. I have Dynomax mufflers and love the sound. No drone, period.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Why did you go from two mufflers to just one?? Spend the extra pennies on another muffler and have the shop run a duel exhaust like it should have. Then see how the drone sounds. Should quiet it up and sound better to. I have Dynomax mufflers and love the sound. No drone, period.
That setup actually is a dual exhaust, the "X" in "Ultra Flo X" is because there's an x-pipe inside the muffler.

Sounds of Dynomax

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It had nothing to do with cost. That's a fairly pricy muffler.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just installed a DynoMax Ultra Flo CatBack on my wifes R/T, while its not the same setup that you have, DynoMax has one of their "Race Bullet" in each tailpipe right before the exhaust tip. They say with it installed it removes the drone sound, I have yet to test my R/T out due to the bad weather we are having.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just installed a DynoMax Ultra Flo CatBack on my wifes R/T, while its not the same setup that you have, DynoMax has one of their "Race Bullet" in each tailpipe right before the exhaust tip. They say with it installed it removes the drone sound, I have yet to test my R/T out due to the bad weather we are having.
Thanks man. That's good to know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts