Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I finally went & did it yesterday, after looking at the 2013 models before the 2014's came out & not buying a '13, looked at several '14 models, we couldn't find the right one. Thursday evening I started searching the leftover '13 models & found this one @ Jeff Wyler Dodge in Bativia, Ohio.

I called them @ 9am yesterday morning, yes they still had it, so I drove 3-1/2 hours one way, bought it & 3-1/2 hours back home with it.

It was a demo w/4,900 miles (which I didn't know until I got there), but it stickered for $41,150, I got it for $32,998, wife is happy, she has been wanting one for quite awhile, now she has one!

We are both Chevy nuts, have 4 right now ('50 3100, '70 Monte, '87 Monte SS, and a ''05 Monte LT), years ago I had a 2000 Dakota, after I got rid of it, I told her no more Dodge products.......looks like I ate my words, hopefully this Challenger will be alot better than the Dakota was.

Its a R/T Classic, Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl, Gray/Red interior

here's the window sticker, http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYBT1DH680567

hopefully I'll find alot of information here, I know very little about these cars, except they look great!

Craig

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
Congrats!!! Welcome to CT from Michigan, you sure that was a present for your wife???? LOL​

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Congrats and Welcome to ChallengerTalk!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
Wow! Congratulations on the purchase. You are very unselfish... Now she has to pay you back with a viper, just so you know. Congrats to you both. Looks great

·
Registered
417 Posts
Welcome aboard from NH.

She's gonna love it, when she gets a chance to drive it.

I predict you will spend a lot of time behind the wheel, and you'll be looking for another one in 6-9 months!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Craig, Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
Sweet.... love it.... Welcome to the Mopar Club from OHIO!...

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,890 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome and congrats... Love the classic

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I'm starting to feel right at home here.

I have already learned something new, I'm not sure why, but the Start/Stop button was missing when I purchased it, I just figured it had to do with the remote start function, last night while look at the dealer pics online, I noticed it showed it installed, for some reason it had been removed, I contacted the dealer this morning & they are sending me a placement button.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
That Phantom Black looks great. Just take the time to properly wash and wax it or it will look like crap within the first year. I messed mine up with a scratch o matic car wash and traded it.

·
Registered
291 Posts

I finally went & did it yesterday, after looking at the 2013 models before the 2014's came out & not buying a '13, looked at several '14 models, we couldn't find the right one. Thursday evening I started searching the leftover '13 models & found this one @ Jeff Wyler Dodge in Bativia, Ohio.

I called them @ 9am yesterday morning, yes they still had it, so I drove 3-1/2 hours one way, bought it & 3-1/2 hours back home with it.

It was a demo w/4,900 miles (which I didn't know until I got there), but it stickered for $41,150, I got it for $32,998, wife is happy, she has been wanting one for quite awhile, now she has one!

We are both Chevy nuts, have 4 right now ('50 3100, '70 Monte, '87 Monte SS, and a ''05 Monte LT), years ago I had a 2000 Dakota, after I got rid of it, I told her no more Dodge products.......looks like I ate my words, hopefully this Challenger will be alot better than the Dakota was.

Its a R/T Classic, Phantom Black Tri-Coat Pearl, Gray/Red interior

here's the window sticker, http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYBT1DH680567

hopefully I'll find alot of information here, I know very little about these cars, except they look great!

Craig
Nice looking car! I also have a 70 Monte and traded in a 2004 Monte Carlo SS Dale Jr. edition on my 2014 Mustang GT. Enjoy your new one.

Wayne

1 - 19 of 19 Posts