Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exterior: White.
Interior: Scat Pack Logo Nappa/Alcantara Seat.
392 V8.
8-speed automatic.

Besides the 392 engine option it has the Driver Convenience Group option, the 8-speed Automatic option, Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4" screen.

Bought the car with around 40 miles on it. Some of those miles added during test ride. Yeah, that's right. I didn't even test drive the car before I bought it. Test ride told me all I needed to know.

Bought it for base price $38,995 + $1095 destination or $40,090. Tax/license and such brought the price up to $44430.10. Out the door. Wrote the dealer a personal check. 'course, had to sign a loan agreement in case the check bounces.

I know I talked about getting one with a 6-speed, and I had one located way out in Modesto, CA -- I bought the car in Tracy, CA -- but I decided to give the auto a try. The TorqueFlite is one heck of a transmssion and if I want to row the gears manually I still have my 996 Turbo and my Boxster.

Dealer didn't find the one in Modesto but he found a blue one in San Jose. But it was let some driver drive it from San Jose to Tracy or I pay $200 or more to have it flat bedded. Another $200 is not that big of a deal but I decided I'd prefer white over blue. Blue looks great. There was a R/T at the dealer in blue and it as a good looking car. But one of my Porsches is blue and I wanted to have a white car for a while.

Anyhow drove the car home with a dealer employee driving my Turbo behind me. I took the Turbo to see what I'd get for a trade in. It was not an acceptable offer. Didn't need to trade in the Turbo to make the deal happen anyhow. It is just I only have room for 2 cars and now I have 3.

Drove the car 18.7 miles from the dealer to my house. Drove the guy back who drove my Turbo in my Turbo. The Dodge is still quite new and unfamiliar to me. First time I got behind the wheel I hurt my left foot pushing down a non-existent clutch pedal.

Car feels pretty much like I thought it would. I've owned a 2006 Pontiac GTO (6.0l V8 400hp 6-speed) and a 2001 Camaro Z28 (5.7l 6-speed) and a '96 Mustang GT (4.6L V8 SOHC 5-speed) and the Dodge is in some ways already familiar to me.

Oh, have to say dealing with Premier Dodge in Tracy CA was just a great experience. Things went real smooth -- I'm kind of an odd duck when I buy a car (other dealers have told me this), that is I don't behave like many other buyers but I'm always polite, calm. But I'm there to do a deal that involves no little sum of money and I don't fool around -- and today was no different. The sales staff and management and the finance guy were all just superb. No BS. (Well, the trade in offer for my Turbo was BS but I didn't take it personal. Price is just an opinion, after all, not fact.) No tricks. No funny business.

A guy I know who owned and still owns a Dodge told me the dealer was a great place to buy a car and he was absolutely right.

So there you have it.

Almost forgot: Many thanks to all here who chipped in with advice and counsel.

Added: Forgot an option! 20" dia. 9" wide Hyper Black II Forged Alum wheels.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Congrats from down South!

Still enjoying my 18 Tor Red R/T!!

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Congratulations, have many safe, happy and trouble free miles.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,768 Posts
Congratulations ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
940 Posts
Nice car!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Congrats and welcome from MA! Great color!

I find the loan app interesting. I have always written personal checks for my vehicles and never had to sign loan papers in case my check bounced. I have done this at multiple dealerships over the years. The most important reason for going this route' for me' is to avoid the credit inquiry, which can ding my fico score. I would put it on Discover for the cash back, but most dealerships will only take it up to three grand. : )

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Enjoy the new car....

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
Congrats and welcome from MA! Great color!

I find the loan app interesting. I have always written personal checks for my vehicles and never had to sign loan papers in case my check bounced. I have done this at multiple dealerships over the years. The most important reason for going this route' for me' is to avoid the credit inquiry, which can ding my fico score. I would put it on Discover for the cash back, but most dealerships will only take it up to three grand. : )
I've bought my recent vehicles outright by paying by check (cashier's check from bank) - and they've tried to talk up leases to me...

My response was why rent when I'm going to buy outright and have the title in my hand when the registration docs arrive from DMV?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yup...best kind of car is a paid off car. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on the new ride from snowy upstate NY!! I test drove the SPS, but settled on the "T/A 392" and a vehicle that you own is the best one to drive.. ALTHOUGH, FCA offered me three years, zero % interest, so I'll also take free money!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts