Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Challenger RT got hit yesterday. I was sitting in traffic on the 405 here in L. A. and I got tapped by a van. He was doing maybe 5 mph so I was able to drive away after I got his information. Good thing is that when I got into work and called up his insurance company he had already called it in to them. One day later I have already been contacted by their claims department and it sounds like I can get my repairs in about a week. My bumper only got some minor scratches but I am more concerned with what is behind the bumper. No sheet metal or anything was damaged. Hearing yoru Challenger get hit though is an awful noise.

·
Registered
143 Posts
wow man...

i am always sitting in LA traffic and I always get scared of somebody not paying attention.

good luck with the repairs !

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The guy's insurance is with Liberty Mutual and I must say they have been on the ball. I got hit on the 13th and as of the 14th the claim office called me and has set up an appointment to get my car looked at and told me I can take my car to the shop of my choice. So far I am happy with how things are going. Of course I would be happier if I never got hit in the first place.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Sorry for your incident, the best way to get over these sorts of events is to get it fixed right, fast. I watch people coming up behind me, slowing down. I just cringe when so many are yacking on their cell phones, paying no attention to what they are doing. Or those people who stop so close to my car's rear that i can count their nose hairs. I try to edge up a few feet, and it just rankles me when they then ease right again on my rear. They just don't take the hint.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that. I'm on the LA freeways quite a bit too and am quite scared of the same thing happening to me. Be glad they have insurance, a licence, and registration. In the last week, I thought I was going to get rear-ended twice in traffic with women talking on their cellphones and slamming on their brakes at the last minute, coming too close to my daily driver (not a Challenger) for comfort. A few months ago, a woman in a van "tapped" my daily driver on a surface street, but thankfully there was no damage to my car.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Sounds like things are going to work out. Back in '74 I was sitting in a turn lane in my RoadRunner and a car came over a hill and crashed right into me going about 35. Totaled the RoadRunner.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
The guy's insurance is with Liberty Mutual and I must say they have been on the ball. I got hit on the 13th and as of the 14th the claim office called me and has set up an appointment to get my car looked at and told me I can take my car to the shop of my choice.
They aren't doing you any favors. They are trying to get you all repaired and get that release signed before you begin complaining of unforeseen injuries, which then opens the door to a personal injury claim which normally settle for three times the amount of your damages. Hurrying the process up gets them that release fast before you realize what's going on or have or want to visit an attorney.

Sorry to hear you got hit though. It does suck. I had someone back into me last month and then while I am standing by my car inspecting the rear bumper for damage, the guys takes off. I got his license plate number so he wasn't going far -- but amazingly, no damage. no even a scratch. Surprised the hell out me. Sucks just the same. I think it's the shock factor. I had a few choice words escape upon impact.

·
Registered
411 Posts
And when it is done they will report it to Carfax and lower the resale value of your car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts