Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my!!! This was very interesting. So I pull up to a red light yesterday, and I look over to my left. There is this guy in one of those hamster wheel smart cars rambling, motioning me to roll down my window. I think to my self "did i cut this guy off or something?" So I roll down my window and this dude is going crazy! yelling at me saying Im polluting the enviorment, wasting gas, being an inconsiderate ahole, ruining the future, and on and on. At first I was speechless and then all I could do was laugh at the dude. So of course I figured Id tee him off a little more and started revving the engine while he was bitching. I then told him "hey man that rev just burnt 5 gallons of gas keep drilling baby". Then I the light turned green and of course I had to lay on it but holy hell Ive never encountered something like that before. The strange thing too is my car is still stock. No loud exhaust or anything. I cant imagine this guy spotted the "hemi" on the hood while I was driving and its not like its a monster truck. I was laughing and scratching my head all last night about this incident. freaking weird all around

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sounded a little like an a55hat competition: he admonishing you vs. you reving engine
I would have ignored him.

·
Banned
756 Posts
smart rat car

oh my!!! This was very interesting. So I pull up to a red light yesterday, and I look over to my left. There is this guy in one of those hamster wheel smart cars rambling, motioning me to roll down my window. I think to my self "did i cut this guy off or something?" So I roll down my window and this dude is going crazy! yelling at me saying Im polluting the enviorment, wasting gas, being an inconsiderate ahole, ruining the future, and on and on. At first I was speechless and then all I could do was laugh at the dude. So of course I figured Id tee him off a little more and started revving the engine while he was bitching. I then told him "hey man that rev just burnt 5 gallons of gas keep drilling baby". Then I the light turned green and of course I had to lay on it but holy hell Ive never encountered something like that before. The strange thing too is my car is still stock. No loud exhaust or anything. I cant imagine this guy spotted the "hemi" on the hood while I was driving and its not like its a monster truck. I was laughing and scratching my head all last night about this incident. freaking weird all around
Should have gotten out of your car and pushed on the side of his "stupid-smart car" and rolled him over...LOL !

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just eat chicken and do your part.

"Agriculture is responsible for an estimated 14 percent of the world's greenhouse gases. A significant portion of these emissions come from methane, which, in terms of its contribution to global warming, is 23 times more powerful than carbon dioxide. The U.S. Food and Agriculture Organization says that agricultural methane output could increase by 60 percent by 2030 [Source: Times Online]. The world's 1.5 billion cows and billions of other grazing animals emit dozens of polluting gases, including lots of methane. Two-thirds of all ammonia comes from cows."

Me, I do my part by trying to not fart as much. Burgers are just too damn tasty. I am sure it will equal out in the end... :pimp:

·
Registered
412 Posts
oh my!!! This was very interesting...
You my friend are a Hemi Embassador! While I understand that some may not agree with our choices, what that person did at the light was totally uncool. Let him go into some of the neighborhoods I've seen and tee off on one of the Tuner Eses (sp?) and see what happens.

Anyone having a problem with these cars should simply go to one of the coffee meets or gatherings with an open mind. In all likelihood he would walk away seeing that most of us are just a bunch Men and Women with a hobby/lifestyle that we support anytime we go to the pump, maintain our vehicles properly tuned, pay insurance, etc.

In other words, law abiding citizens. That guy was a capital D with a ouche!

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
LOL!!!

I bet what really was going on through his head was "F*ck, I buy this piece of shit because I am told the world is coming to an end, only to discover that...well, even if the world is coming to an end, I still am the only sucker driving this piece of shit!"

Seems like the joke was on him and now he is just not very happy...! :D

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I got this from a t-shirt that has a Prius on the front and a Challenger on the back. It reads, "You save the planet. I'll save my dignity." Perfect response to just such an encounter.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
I bought a Challenger for one simple reason: it puts a smile on my face, period.

As this Smart driver, and many unhappy Prius owners prove, those things will put a frown on your face.

I enjoy every moment in my car. These people may be saving the planet, but all that bitterness will make them look 65 by the time they turn 40.

Life is just too short for that.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Some people just have this "Holy-er than thou" mentality. It's undeserved but it happens. I got the same crap from a lady in a Prius, I just told her that her car does more harm to the environment when they produce it than my car will in it's lifetime. That's all. People like that hack me off. I think we need to model after that movie, The Purge and make it so that we have 12 hours to do whatever we want to a hybrid owner.

Reactions: ChallyDan392

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Haha thats a great story! As an environmental policy major in college, I often get a lot of crap for driving a Challenger. I just tell them to keep buying Prius' so that there is more gas for me!

:fight:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I got this from a t-shirt that has a Prius on the front and a Challenger on the back. It reads, "You save the planet. I'll save my dignity." Perfect response to just such an encounter.
Had to find it.

1399986497347.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Good point! But to Smart buyers' credit, a fuel-efficient ICE vehicle still has less total environmental impact than a hybrid or an EV.

The problem is, the fuel economy of those death traps is ridiculously low considering all the comfort and utility they are giving up. A Mitsubishi Mirage or FIAT 500 makes more sense when you account for the interior space relative to the MPG you get.

Gee, even a fun little FIAT Abarth will come close to the MPG of a Smart car, get you more utility, more safety, be a hoot to drive, and let you keep your dignity!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
LOL, don't know what state you are in, but between 2 Harleys and my Challenger and living in Dallas I see all the time Prisseys and Smart-arse cars and never a comment like you got but I do know about CO2 emmisions and such but my personal response would be " I don't have kids and bigger footprint is fine wid me, tee hee! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Haha thats a great story! ... I just tell them to keep buying Prius' so that there is more gas for me!

:fight:
LOL I know, me too!

In Prius-infested Southern California, this line gives me special satisfaction...!

Reactions: Mississippi Queen

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
OMG it takes all kinds. When I clear cut my the trees on MY property the neighbors went nuts. Called me forest rapper and a lot worse. Now I get all kinds of comment on how beautiful my place is. Go figure.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
What a dumbass! I would have laughed in the guys' face LOL

And I do know the planet is warming and our fossil fuel burning is playing a big part.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
To the OP, man I thought I was going to have the same thing happen to me the other day. After getting off the interstate, I see a dude next to me to my right, he's motioning me to roll down my window. I thought, here we go some a$$hat wants to chastise me for driving too fast or something.

As I reluctantly roll the passenger window down, the dude gives me thumbs up and tells me he used to have a 2008 Challenger. So I thanked him and romped on it. At the next light he wants me to roll the window down again. He tells me he just bought an SS Camaro and wanted to know how much HP I had. I smiled and hammered on it as the light turned green taking full advantage of my Vortech SC. About a mile down the road, dude pulls up AGAIN and says he shouldn't have sold his SRT.

:D

1 - 20 of 195 Posts