Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my dad's b-day is comin' up on the 19th, so I called Ryan the other night and was going to get a rear stiffy bar installed since we just got our front one installed a couple weeks ago, that way we would get the full effect of the stiffy bars, but, they were back ordered. So I went with the Stack Performance Stage 2 Lowering springs instead! :D

Huge thanks to Ryan for making this happen and go so smoothly. Also a huge thanks to his crew for the speedy and high quality install as always, as well as fixing our "Check engine" light problem! They quickly noticed the problem was that our fan wires had gotten pinched between the oil catch can and the fan and the vibrations and such had rubbed off the outer layer of the wiring, which in turn made the car blow the fuse to save it. So, they re positioned our catch can (to look better and have easier access to it) as well as put in a new fuse, relocated and covered the wires and zip tied them in 2 places instead of one. Works good as new now!:bigthumb:

As for the springs, all I can say is WOW. Just on the drive home to do a quick detail on the car before taking it to my dad's work to surprise him I noticed a HUGE difference. Much tighter when going through turns, less body sway and more traction, much more responsive but doesn't sacrifice ride quality one bit, I honestly couldn't tell the difference. If anything, it was nicer. I noticed one spot on the freeway where usually the car would bounce up and down a few times, she just glided right over it smoothly, it went up, then came down and stayed down. Awesome!:bigthumb:

The drop was perfect, not to high but not so low that we will have big problems with bumps or driveways:thumbsup:

Anyway, here's some pics! :) Another SCC member (SCC Hemi R/T) was there getting the same thing done as well:bigthumb:

Here's the link to the rest of the gallery: Another day at Stack performance, Happy early b-day Dad! - M-B-Photos--Michael Barry | SmugMug

Everything worked out great, my dad really digs it! :bigthumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
So how much did it lower it? Just springs, no shocks right?

Also, they drop the exhaust to get at everything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! :)

Hyfire- Yes they took off the rear brace hold up the exhaust and let it hang down a bit to get to the rear springs. The front was much more involved, not sure what they did but it took a lot longer. For the rear they basically dropped the exhaust, took out a few bolts and such then tapped them right out. The fronts had a lot more pounding involved :p

And it lowered it about 1.5" with just springs :)

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
Both cars look killer! Enjoy.

Jack

·
Registered
9,414 Posts
"Killer" looking indeed, and it sounds like the ride quality of the stock springs is retained.

Man, I guess I need to first.............move to CA for some outstanding service, and second......................let my son drive my Challenger.

I'll have to keep these SP springs on my list of "to do's"

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone :D

Jeff, anytime bud! ;)

19johned53 - Yeah the ride quality doesn't seem to suffer at all. larger bumps and such are a bit more noticeable, but it's not bad at all, I was expecting a bumpier ride. And yes you can't beat the SP service/quality! :)

·
Registered
852 Posts
This may be the next mod on my list! Looks great!

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
51 Posts
So, I have a '11 6-speed R/T +, and these springs will drop my car using the stock shocks, without any alignment? Sounds great!
Someone please let me know, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Post deleted.

As a vendor-supported community, we only permit our authorized Supporting Vendors to discuss their business or offer their products on the forums. If you're interested in continuing to post about your goods and services here, please send an e-mail to [email protected] for current vendor program rates and details. in the meantime, we must ask you to abide by the forum rules.

To help us avoid further complaints, please do not solicit, reply to, or participate in threads about your goods and services, company, projects, or sponsored events, all of which we consider "advertising." You must have the official "Site Sponsor" tag and the title that clearly identifies you as an "Authorized Sponsor Vendor" before you can make business-related posts here.

All threads and/or posts that do not comply with our advertising and vendor policies have been edited or removed. Posts that are removed can be restored at your request after you obtain Supporting Vendor status.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Quote deleted.

Even with the dreaded Nivomats on all 4 corners? They all say Sachs....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah how is this drop possible with straight spring swap with nivomats shocks...

Another thing I don't understand is how can you NOT sacrifice your ride quality on STOCK shocks with performance springs. I been looking through every who has just done straight spring swaps and they say their is no negatives, but i don't see how that can be possible something is getting damaged with just springs being swapped w/o changing the shocks too. If nothing immediate being damaged perhaps down the road 30 or 60k miles later.

I love the drop the stance is PERFECT right where I want mine too be, but im apprehensive on pulling the trigger on just a spring swap if its going to cost me a couple thousand dollars few years down the road to correct if/any damage.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trust me, do it and you will see.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Trust me, do it and you will see.
So, even with load leveling Nivomat rear shocks, which keep the car higher on purpose, this magically defeats the shocks and drops the car?

Show me in writing somewhere that this will work, and not void the warranty. My dealer says it will not work, as do most of the folks on here, and the dealer also says this will void all suspension warranty.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you had your alignment checked since the drop? I would love to see how your alignment specs are now with the drop..

Car looks great by the way.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts