Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah so nothing new, I got stuck in the snow right out side my house. Normally I get out but Some people came out to push. I didn't really want them pushing the front end because it's all those plastic aero pieces, but they really wanted to push from the front. One person pushed it from the grille (even though I asked not to) ? The other pushed the part that extends from the hood over the grille. Now I don't know if I'm being paranoid or what but all those parts seem to wiggle even if you barely touch them which doesn't seem right. Is there some kind of plastic pins holding them in that could've possible snapped? Or does anyone's grille and stuff have a little give to it? I've never touched my car like that there before so I have no reference to if its normal.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Since it begs the question and no one else has asked, I will: so, is there any permanent damage done to your car? Photos?

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,032 Posts
Find a car similar to yours on a used car lot and go have a look. You can't shouldn't duplicate the level of pushing force that was applied to your car but without much force at all you should be able to tell if the amount of "wiggle" of the parts you are concerned about is the same.

Or take your car to a local dealer and tell the SA what happened and ask if a tech can give the areas of concern a check to see if anything was damaged. You might get charged some labor you might get the check for free.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Yeah so nothing new, I got stuck in the snow right out side my house. Normally I get out but Some people came out to push. I didn't really want them pushing the front end because it's all those plastic aero pieces, but they really wanted to push from the front. One person pushed it from the grille (even though I asked not to) ? The other pushed the part that extends from the hood over the grille. Now I don't know if I'm being paranoid or what but all those parts seem to wiggle even if you barely touch them which doesn't seem right. Is there some kind of plastic pins holding them in that could've possible snapped? Or does anyone's grille and stuff have a little give to it? I've never touched my car like that there before so I have no reference to if its normal.
Might be some plastic fastener damage underneath. Just be thankful that THIS didn't happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts