Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say it is one of the best investments I good have done.. There were some water spots and a little orange peel in the factory black finish that were driving me crazy.. All that is now gone.. The local guy I took this to used the G Techniq coating on the exterior and wheels, and did an amazing job..I also shorten the RT decal on the hood prior to the detailing.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Wow looks great !! If you do not mind can you PM me his name & number
How long did he have your car for ?
Iam about 70 miles south of you , our monthly cruzin is this Saturday 2 on till dark or rain lol
It’s Dearborn street Englewood, for you gps

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Got it thanks ,,

·
Registered
104 Posts
Your car looks great. I was going to have it done to mine too. So I did the research into it and ran across some info that changed my mind. The coating is very hard but is not completely impervious to dust and rocks and after about 4 years it will have enough small scratches and gravel rash you'll want to have it redone but it's so well bonded to the paint you cant remove it without really screwing up your paint. So until I learn more about the longevity of ceramic coatings, I will be using clay bars and car wax.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Your car looks great. I was going to have it done to mine too. So I did the research into it and ran across some info that changed my mind. The coating is very hard but is not completely impervious to dust and rocks and after about 4 years it will have enough small scratches and gravel rash you'll want to have it redone but it's so well bonded to the paint you cant remove it without really screwing up your paint. So until I learn more about the longevity of ceramic coatings, I will be using clay bars and car wax.
I came to the same conclusion that you did about the Ceramic Coating. I got quotes from $1100.00 to $1900.00 depending on the type of ceramic coating used. I am interested in preventing road rash & from asking questions, I was told that the ceramic coating will not prevent this. So, I am going to stick with clay bar and paste carnuba wax. My car is a weekend car so it will see limited use anyway. I did get mirror covers for the outside mirrors but I also decided against getting a car bra to protect the front.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,923 Posts
Coatings can be removed without damaging the paint, but no, not protection against rock chips and scratches. More protection against swirls, but will not prevent them either. Coatings can be applied over Paint Protection Film as well. Certainly not for everyone ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

I know it will not protect it from rock chips or scratches, but the person that did mine said bring her in once a year for a little refresh, have a 9yr warranty with the Crystal G Techniq.. Do I expect it to last that long, hope so but probably not.. plus my guy assured me that it can be removed without damage and redone.. So I am good with that.. I do not drive this everyday, I brought it just for fun, take it to car shows 2 to 3 times a month only.... This is just something to get away from my job and relax..and fill in till I find a great deal on a 1970-71 Challenger ..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is this type of coating ok for flat black surfaces, like my T/A has?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts