Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's new to us....traded the awesome VW Jetta TDI yesterday for a 6 month old 2013 Black Challenger R/T Classic!

It will be her daily driver. It's an auto with Red side stripes, pretty well loaded without Nav or Super Track Pack, but she is fine with that.
Here on Vancouver Island, it's very hard to find Challengers of any kind at the Dodge dealerships. "They just don't sell" I'm told. I say, how can they, if people can;t even see one??? Any way, we tried to order a new 2013 PCP Classic last Feb 2013, but they couldn't(or wouldn't) be fair on a trade. Then in July, we were $500.00 away from a straight out purchase on another PCP Classic from another dealer.....they let us walk out the door over a $500.00... difference( after negotiating...., we were a thousand dollars apart, when I asked them to meet me 1/2 way...I'll come up $500.00 if you come down $500.00.... but they wouldn't budge much off the $2500.00 incentive, and told us too bad.....that car remained on the lot 4 more months!!!
Fast forward to Friday Feb 7 2014. I found this car at a dealership 30 min away...it just came in and only had 12000 km ( 7500) miles). They came in at $3000.00 higher for a trade-in on the Jetta a year after the 1st dealership we saw. They also came down a couple of thousand off the asking price, and a deal was struck.

Couldn't be happier...it's a sweet car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
Nice looking car, that's a great color combo. These cars make EXCELLENT daily drivers! :icon_smile:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Awesome car! Beautiful. Congratulations on the upgrade. She's going to love it. I also want to see your 69, 2-72s, and 71. Sounds like you have a great stable of cars!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words....
Charger:
....only the 69 Charger Survivor car is drive able, but, better than nothing!
1 of 2 "72 Satellites:

71 Road Runner....383 4 spd Tor Red....needed total resto...just sold to a friend:

Mark

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
You're a good man! Now be truthful. You did "get some" right? :lol:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Nice color combo. I just LOVE black Challengers but man.....I just don't want to deal with the cleaning maintenance. After owning several black cars, I wont do it anymore.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
what was the final price in Canada? Thats where mine was made.
We bought it used and made a trade with money owing on the trade. But outright purchase would have been around 34 grand I suppose? Hard to say. It was the best deal I could find in my area for the last year on new or nearly new.

Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You're a good man! Now be truthful. You did "get some" right? :lol:
I would have had to spring for the SRT 8 to get some....( he said looking over his shoulder while ducking!) LOL!

Mark

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drive 92mi RT sometimes 7 days a week depending on if I am called in. I have 14k on my car now, I love it!!! I had a Saturn before supposedly great on gas...but not on maintenance. I finally got the car I wanted and didn't listen to anyone else...I am so glad I did.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I drive 92mi RT sometimes 7 days a week depending on if I am called in. I have 14k on my car now, I love it!!! I had a Saturn before supposedly great on gas...but not on maintenance. I finally got the car I wanted and didn't listen to anyone else...I am so glad I did.
Life's too short to drive shit! LOL( not criticizing your former ride!)

Mark

1 - 20 of 22 Posts