Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the new DSS 9" installed this week. From the moment it showed up, I was very impressed with the quality of the pieces. I've been able to put some miles on it so far on the street. I should have some track results next week.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what to expect when I drove it. I knew I was putting in this beefy rear end setup and I was concerned about losing some drivability. Well, that quickly passed. It is a quiet and smooth as the stock rear end. If I didn't see it firsthand that it was installed, I would have sworn the stock unit was still there. The is absolutely no noise and no vibration.

Frank at DSS really took his time to make sure he released a quality product. I know with some new products parts have to shipped back and forth before they are right. Not the case with this unit. I'm glad the high HP guys finally have a viable choice in a rear end.

Here's a few pics I took. I have some more. SpeedRated Motorsports did the install and took a lot of pictures. As soon as I get some pics from them, I'll post them up.

Here's a shot of the 1400HP axles:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Looks sweet. Now what about that rearview mirror?

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
looks strong and beefy, I want one
It never ends these dam Mods are gonna be the end of me

·
Premium Member
09 RT Challenger auto
3,467 Posts
Now thats a quality center section. Thumbs Up.
Very inovative. I think the factory replacment LSD alone are around 1800 bucks now.
At least we are finding some options.
FT

·
Vendor
949 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to hear your feedback once you get it on the track. What kind of break in did they tell you to follow?

Joshua, HHP

·
Premium Member
4,384 Posts
Awesome! Can't wait to hear your feedback once you get it on the track. What kind of break in did they tell you to follow?

Joshua, HHP
I'll break it in for him :)
hop in and floor it LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks sweet. Now what about that rearview mirror?
Yea, I still need to get a new rearview mirror. That way I can see Jon when I race him.

Looks great. With a Ford 9" you can just about use any ratio you can imagine! What gear ratio did you go with?
I went with a 3.23 gear. They are pretty easy to change if I decide to do so in the future.

Now thats a quality center section. Thumbs Up.
Very inovative. I think the factory replacment LSD alone are around 1800 bucks now.
At least we are finding some options.
FT
I'm so glad DSS decided to make this product. The high HP guys really had no viable aftermarket option until this unit became available.

Joshua, HHP
I should have some feedback in the next week or so. There were no specific break in instructions. However, I did my own break in of some figure 8's like we did in the old days.

I'll break it in for him :)
hop in and floor it LOL
Too late for that.

I was cruising at over 100 there was zero noise and zero vibration. This things the real deal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts