Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was 8 weeks ago today that I put my PCP R/T Classic in storage for the winter. I can't wait another 8, 10 or 12 weeks??? to get her back out. I can't cope with the loss. I do go and visit her every so often.... lol

How are you guys coping? Those of us who have put them away for the winter that is.

·
Banned
675 Posts
Yeah I got them bad!!! I often go out to the garage just to look at my cars.

My problem is my cars are so big, they are crammed in there so tight, i can't even work on them.

·
Premium Member
7,304 Posts
I solve the problem by driving my car. :D

I use real snow tires and have no problems.

It's my motorycle that I long for these cold, snowy days.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I am going through it big time. A week before Thanksgiving my car was put away. Like some of you, I go and look in the garage to make sure she's ok & check the battery tender light.

·
Super Moderator
14,139 Posts
I drive my SRT whenever the roads are dry and clear of salt.

For those who are depressed about winter storage, think summer. Here's two things that will cheer you up:

1. Only 17 days until pitchers & catchers report to baseball spring training.

2. Bikini car washes.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Im at 4 weeks of storage and im going thru SRT withdrawl, we just got hit with another 14" of snow.

I HATE SNOW!!!!!!

And thats not the worst of it, when it finally goes away there will be potholes EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

Old man winter can KMA.

55 miles on my SRT8 ive driven it once, this sucks.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
How are you guys coping? Those of us who have put them away for the winter that is.
....so much for bragging about the fact that it's sunny and in the 70's right now. ;)

Seriously though, I'm sure it will make you appreciate it that much more when spring rolls around.

·
Registered
248 Posts
It was much more difficult for me last winter, mainly because I only had the car for a month before I had to put it away. Best way to beat the winter blues? Dust off that credit card and starting buying parts! I've got a new suspension and other goodies waiting for my baby when she wakes up :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bored

:notallthere:
It was 8 weeks ago today that I put my PCP R/T Classic in storage for the winter. I can't wait another 8, 10 or 12 weeks??? to get her back out. I can't cope with the loss. I do go and visit her every so often.... lol

I walk by my car every day and it's driving me nuts another 8 weeks or more wow . I just bought a bunce of items from Billet Tech wanta to put em on can't do it no room in garage hope I make to spring.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
decided to put heat in my garage this year for my new r/t so i can install some new parts.i went with one of those eden pure electric heaters,dont ever buy one.my garage is 3 years old and insulated to code.the heater does a poor job in heating and is very expensive to run.i am definetly going to install a natural gas furnace this summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What I hate is that mine is in a garage and there is 12in of snow on the ground. I wish I was in Florida. Thanks for the cheer up video Cuda340, can't wait till spring time.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Serious withdrawl symptoms here in Canada.

My 2010 RT has been on axle stands since Nov 3rd last year. Today was the first day I did a start up. I wanted to go until spring without a start up but I was in need of a fix. I just had to hear the Hemi and the flowmasters. It was 10 minutes of bliss. I was there to check for signs of mice (droppings) and found none (whew). She fired right up on the first turn. I have been collecting numerous parts the past few weeks. Lotsa mods to do in April before Challengerfest II! Ten more weeks to go!

Stevo Hemi :pimp:

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Drove my car about 50 kms today from my garage to drop at the body shop to have some parts installed! Gotta love that 4 /5 shift at 150 kmph :eek:hyeah:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
The closest I've come to a cure is cruising today in my friends less than pristine 60s mustang with a 302 in it. I'm definitely going to mod the exhaust on my automatic r/t once summer rolls around. To try to cope daily, remember that I'm young and if my car is in good shape I have a ridiculous number of happy summers with my car ahead.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Got my Torred '09 SRT in January, heart of Ohio winter....so got to drive it home right before the next winter storm hit that next day. It is all wrapped up in a cover with a battery tender so it is ready to play the first sign of spring!(whenever the hell that rolls around!)

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
eh drive em when the roads are clear.

·
Registered
437 Posts
mine's been in my garage under a cover since the end of Oct. I start it up and drive it around the driveway once a month or so. Last week though I had to kick it out of the garage and put the winter beater in for a couple of nights cause it was -38 celcius here .... unfortunately, that's not a typo! The chally's back in, safe and sound now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
we just got 10 inches of the white stuff here on the eastcoast couple 4 foot drifts in the driveway its going to be along a$$ 2 1/2 months till get to dig her out of the garage hopefully only 2 1/2 months!!!

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
yes i know, the snow, and sleet, and filth, and vile nature of winter ruins any fun we should be having with our cars. but, you know the cliche saying - love apart makes the heart grow fonder. i yearn for a drive in my car day in and day out and it only grows stronger. once spring sets in, its on like donkey kong. build your plan for the summer, buy the parts, fantasize, motive, and be ready. hearken ye, good weather awaits and we shall all float upon the bosom of pure hemi joy soon enough.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts