Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Go out and start it every couple of weeks, my kids think I'm crazy for sitting in the garage and just listening to her purr, then I goose it a couple of times and let her roar. Then I put her back under her cover and go inside and pout. I can't wait till it's warmer.

·
Banned
675 Posts
50 degrees today! Got the Oldsmobile out and took it to work, blew the cobwebs out of it

sorry challenger

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Mine hasn't been driven since Christmas day. It's snowing again today. Nothing left to detail so maybe I'll just go over it again with the California Duster.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Been without mine for more than 12 weeks! Snow came early - and stayed! Why did I ever sell my snowmobile? Best snow in a decade insofar as the snowmobile trails.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
I don't have a garage and planned to drive my SRT in the winter when the roads were clear. I only got to drive it twice in Jan.

Wish I had a beater and a garage so I could store her properly when the roads are salty.

Got a case of the winter blues real bad.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The streets are clear and dry finally. I couldn't wait any longer so I went and pulled mine out yesterday and went for a spin. My right leg was just a shakin :bigthumb: nothin better to lift my spirits.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
only another month or so and we can be driving.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Went out to start the car this afternoon. 4 weeks since the last time. Crappy winter weather and car is a half hour away. Out of sight, out of mind.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Here Here

I solve the problem by driving my car. :D

I use real snow tires and have no problems.

It's my motorycle that I long for these cold, snowy days.
I am in the same boat..... my bike is put away for 1/3rd of the year. I don't think I could stand to have the other vehicle I love locked away for the same amount of time. I have had my Challenger 2 weeks and I am catching quite a bit of flack from my coworkers for taking it to work every day. I just remind them that my last daily driver was a 2008 GMC that only had 11,000 miles on it when I traded it in on my Challenger. I split my time between my truck and my bike and 3-4 years later you can eat off of the motors of both of them. My Challenger will share the daily driver load now and I plan on it being in the same condition as my other vehicles.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I just can't drive my R/T on these salty roads, just can't. The battery tender is great, but do any of you worry about the gasoline? Do you think Sta-Bil is adequate? I have heard some bad reports of stabil not being as great as we think. The quality of our gasoline is surely not what it used to be and does not last. Any comments?

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
well I'm jealous of everyone that has a garage mine in under a cover in front of the house. I have been picking up some mods to install once the weather gets better and cannot wait to DRIVE. Been using the enviro-hater suv while snow and salt are on roads.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Reading all this makes me feel alot better that im not the only one, there calling for snow AGAIN this upcoming week here in NY.

I started mine up yesterday again, let it warm up in the garage and shut it off. Seeing the 12+ inches of snow in the driveway really is depressing, I may not drive my Chally until Memorial day the way this is going!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
last used the r/t classic on dec 19.....my garage is extremely tight and narrow cant hardly go in there and do anything...been worried about the tires being in the same position for too long...is there a possibility of the tires getting tread damge by sitting in the same spot for too long? and if so how long till damage sets in? at my dealership we had a car sit outside in the same spot for 2 1/2 years, after we finally moved it the tires were completely shot...they had flat spots on them that could not be fixed..we had to replace all 4 tires:werd:

·
Registered
526 Posts
ground hog day, Toronto Ontario

Next week being ground hog day that rodent with bad teeth and breath better not see his shadow,or Im taking a personal interest in his well being.Are you listening Wiarton Willie:sleep:
The Challenger is outta sight outta mind,spend my free time getting in some guitar practise and jamming,or at the gym keeping the love handles in check lol !

·
Registered
11 Posts
I WAITED FOR THE ALLEY TO ICE OVER AND SLOWLY PULLED MINE OUT OF MY GARAGE WHERE I COULDN'T SEE IT AND PUT IT IN MY GARAGE BEHIND THE HOUSE. STARTED CLEANING HER UP GETTING IDEA'S ABOUT WHAT TO NEXT. THINKING FLOWMASTER AMERICAN THUNDER EXHAUST!:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
14,188 Posts
I don't have a garage and planned to drive my SRT in the winter when the roads were clear. I only got to drive it twice in Jan.

Wish I had a beater and a garage so I could store her properly when the roads are salty.

Got a case of the winter blues real bad.

No car cover? I'm in the same boat, but my SRT is protected by a Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover. Really a great investment.

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
21 - 40 of 61 Posts