Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
last used the r/t classic on dec 19.....my garage is extremely tight and narrow cant hardly go in there and do anything...been worried about the tires being in the same position for too long...is there a possibility of the tires getting tread damge by sitting in the same spot for too long? and if so how long till damage sets in? at my dealership we had a car sit outside in the same spot for 2 1/2 years, after we finally moved it the tires were completely shot...they had flat spots on them that could not be fixed..we had to replace all 4 tires:werd:
I have almost pulled the trigger on a set of flat stopper race ramps. Nice product but man are they expensive for what they are.

·
Premium Member
296 Posts
No car cover? I'm in the same boat, but my SRT is protected by a Covercraft Weathershield HP car cover. Really a great investment.
Thanks Cuda. Will check it out, but I might be past a point of no return. Didn't get the SRT detailed and cleaned before I can get the cover on. It will scratch the paint up (but so won't a receding glacier!).

·
Registered
466 Posts
You guys need to get a copy of Forza Motorsport 3 or Grand Turismo 5. You can drive an SRT8 on tracks all over the world. Dashboard view. Heck, even here in the Dallas area our previously scheduled global warming is being interrupted tomorrow by a massive ice storm. God gets mad when his favorite team isn't in the Super Bowl.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Holy crap here we go again going to get another foot plus of the white stuff on wednesday iwas always told january was our cold month and febuary was our snow month.i hate to see what febuary brings.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Beautiful blue skies yesterday. Took her out on a 130 jaunt to a Lions meeting. The roads will never be clear of salt, but I am not expecting this to be a show car, so I am having fun while the roads are at least dry.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Stopped this morning to get gas for the snowblower and top off the winter beater. A guy pulled in with a black Challenger just completely and utterly plastered with road salt and grime. Then he opened the door and I got to see all the snow and salt and grime all over the interior.

That cures me of them "winter blues" right quick.

My baby is sleeping in the garage until March at the earliest. All nice and spotless just like I put her away, with < 1500 miles on the clock.

Somebody can buy this car from my estate sale.

It's going to be mint as long as I own it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
ya i bought gran turismo 5 and bought a challenger right awya and decked it right out!

when i get the urge to drive my car i always have GT5 :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
My RT is "intended" to be a daily driver....whoooops...That was until I tried to drive it in the snow. I had no clue what tires I had until I tried to drive on them in bad weather. I quickly knew something was very wrong.......I checked....I have F1 tires::::a no-no in the sno-sno because they have no go-go. LOL For now....when it snows, it parks outside uncovered. As soon as it melts, it'll be back in duty. I am lucky that I have a backup AWD vehicle, but I'd much rather be driving the Chally. I'm not saving mine for good weather...screw it...I want to drive it!!!! I hope to log serious mileage in it.....I'm definitely not saving it for good weather.

I live in Missouri and as I type this........we are in the middle of a Blizzard!!! LOL.....we are getting hammered!!! We were lucky this year because our first snow didn't come until Jan 10th. I drove my RT every day up until that day, but since then has been pure hell. We got 8" on the 10th......that snow stayed until a bigger storm hit the very next week on the 19th. It got mild and I was able to drive my RT from the 28th-31st......the end of last week and last weekend was great!!! Grrrrr......the HEMI got to purr.

Here we are a few days later on Feb1....and there is a full blown blizzard outside!!!!! We are getting NAILED. Sheesh....

Spring/Calgon.....take me away!!!!

PS...yes, when my F1s wear out, I will replace them with all season tires. If they are terrible in snow, I may even buy snow tires. Who knows...for now I'm driving something else when it snows. I don't really want to spend $1,000 for 18" steelies and snow tires when I have something else handy to drive.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
You guys make me glad I live in Oregon.

:laugh:

·
Registered
526 Posts
You guys need to get a copy of Forza Motorsport 3 or Grand Turismo 5. You can drive an SRT8 on tracks all over the world. Dashboard view. Heck, even here in the Dallas area our previously scheduled global warming is being interrupted tomorrow by a massive ice storm. God gets mad when his favorite team isn't in the Super Bowl.
god right now is a little upset but come sunday he will be a happy camper when his team the Green Bay Packers win the super bowl !
the best line was from Joe Montana when asked on the sideline how he felt when he just beat Americas team "Well Americas team can sit home and watch us play in the super bowl on tv now" love it joe!
Americas team says who!:notallthere:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
last used the r/t classic on dec 19.....my garage is extremely tight and narrow cant hardly go in there and do anything...been worried about the tires being in the same position for too long...is there a possibility of the tires getting tread damge by sitting in the same spot for too long? and if so how long till damage sets in? at my dealership we had a car sit outside in the same spot for 2 1/2 years, after we finally moved it the tires were completely shot...they had flat spots on them that could not be fixed..we had to replace all 4 tires:werd:
why not just jack up the car and rotate the wheels 180 degrees?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Well despite the ice, I've still found some places to drive my Torred SRT8. Here's some pics

·
Registered
567 Posts
At 13 week mark, probably another 8 weeks to go. I had the shakes so bad last week I had to uncover her and crank her up. I sat in her for about an hour, where I feel asleep listening to the purr of her Hemi and feeling the warmth of heated seats. I was screaming down a long stretch of asphalt with the windows down until I heard a tap at the window and woke up to my kid standing there. She shook her head and ran inside to tell her mother that "dads losin it"! Oh well.

·
Registered
183 Posts
they're comming to take me away ha! ha!

I just couldn't take it anymore, I ripped the cover off,pulled her out of the garage and went out spinnin tires all over town, 30 minutes later she was back in the garage and I felt much... much... better. :)

·
Registered
466 Posts
jOHNMANN stupid question from a old guy what game is that and is it on a PS3
Hey I'm an old guy too! Those pics are Forza Motorsport 3 on the Xbox 360. You can also drive one on Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3. Both great games but I prfer Forza. Glad they didn't have these games when I was a kid or I would have had even less of a social life!

41 - 60 of 61 Posts