Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I must be missing something. When I go to the Chrysler website to get a GPS map update for my 2016 SXT Plus it only gives me the option to purchase a kit and have it shipped to my house. What happened to the option of downloading the map update to your own USB drive? I’ve tried the website multiple times with the same outcome. What am I missing?

I don’t have time to wait for them to ship to my house.

When I contacted customer care they said it was because I was using my tablet to contact the website but when I use my PC even with a USB drive plugged in I still get the same result. The only option I have is to purchase a kit and have it mailed to my house.

Did they remove the option to download?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,508 Posts
I must be missing something. When I go to the Chrysler website to get a GPS map update for my 2016 SXT Plus it only gives me the option to purchase a kit and have it shipped to my house. What happened to the option of downloading the map update to your own USB drive? I’ve tried the website multiple times with the same outcome. What am I missing?

I don’t have time to wait for them to ship to my house.

When I contacted customer care they said it was because I was using my tablet to contact the website but when I use my PC even with a USB drive plugged in I still get the same result. The only option I have is to purchase a kit and have it mailed to my house.

Did they remove the option to download?

Nope, they send you a USB stick...how else they going to justify the $149 price tag. :wink3: Even with my 2013 GC it was a DVD. The uconnect update you download though.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Another case I guess of the right-hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. When I called and talked to uconnect they said a download option would show if I used my PC.

It amazes me how much Chrysler does not understand it’s own products. When I called them earlier on the surroundsound option to try to find out what mode it is available on and what mode it isn’t available on they gave me wrong information. They tried to tell me that it depends on the stereo separation of the signal. And experimenting with it myself I determined it has to do with the setting you’re using and nothing at all with the stereo separation. The surround sound is not available on satellite radio or standard FM but it available on high definition FM and iPod or memory stick. It’s like the people that work there don’t understand what they sell. It’s kind of scary how much they don’t know about their own products.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,508 Posts
Another case I guess of the right-hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. When I called and talk to you connect they said a download option would show if I used my PC.

Hah! Yeah you should be able to download the update...need to enter your VIN
https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

The nav upgrade is purchased through HERE (I am not shouting...that is their name)
Update Your Navigation System Map - HERE Maps (NAVTEQ)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hah! Yeah you should be able to download the update...need to enter your VIN
https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html

The nav upgrade is purchased through HERE (I am not shouting...that is their name)
Update Your Navigation System Map - HERE Maps (NAVTEQ)

Guess what....when I select Dodge it sends me back to the same website where it only offers purchasing the GPS map update kit and having it shipped. I had to spend $20 to get it shipped overnight and still don’t know if it will get to me on time. I was hoping that if I purchased a kit it might still give me the option to download it but no luck.

This is part of the reason why when I just bought my new motorcycle I did not want any infotainment center system. I want to get away from this junk and just enjoy riding the bike. I wouldn’t want the hassle of trying to update the infotainment center on two vehicles. What a nightmare.

This is why I think it would be great if dodge would just sell a version of the challenger with just good old mechanical gauges. 10 years from today the present infotainment center in our cars will not interface with any known music systems because the system in the car will be too old. What a waste.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Guess what....when I select Dodge it sends me back to the same website where it only offers purchasing the GPS map update kit and having it shipped. I had to spend $20 to get it shipped overnight and still don’t know if it will get to me on time. I was hoping that if I purchased a kit it might still give me the option to download it but no luck.

This is part of the reason why when I just bought my new motorcycle I did not want any infotainment center system. I want to get away from this junk and just enjoy riding the bike. I wouldn’t want the hassle of trying to update the infotainment center on two vehicles. What a nightmare.

This is why I think it would be great if dodge would just sell a version of the challenger with just good old mechanical gauges. 10 years from today the present infotainment center in our cars will not interface with any known music systems because the system in the car will be too old. What a waste.

I did not want the nav option when I bought my 2018 Challenger GT because of the cost and hassle. It was hard to find one with out it. the 2018s have Android Auto built in. I've been using Waze and Google Maps. I prefer Waze, so far - and it's FREE. I especially like the "cop ahead" and other notifications.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
7,508 Posts

Bummer but to be honest those links were always screwy. I remember trying to find the link to purchase the nav upgrade and couldn't until A Guy was diligent enough to find if for us.

I know what you mean about good old mechanical gauges. One of the reasons I bought an RT manual was it being a base V8 model (no active suspension, no TCM, no MDS, no drive modes) and any mods I do would replace inferior stock components with performance parts (although I still would probably have picked up a Hellcat if I had the funds today). Granted I did want Nav, weather and other creature comforts but to be honest I rarely use them. Heck I don't even use the AC in the summer because I want to hear the roar of the engine. I was looking at buying a resto mod but they are just as expensive as buying an original challenger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts