Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some businesses are using GPS satellite tracking systems to allow their vehicle fleets to run more efficiently, save money and monitor driver behavior. Basically, it's a small electronic box that fits inside a vehicle, and sends signals with details of where it is and what speed it is traveling at.

Engine diagnostics and data, like harsh acceleration and braking, time using the cruise control, pedal position, rpm bands, fuel consumption is fed to a PC or smart phone.

This might be a good thing for Challenger owners to monitor their cars while they are being serviced and to recover them if they are stolen.

Here is the link to the device:

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
3,487 Posts
Or for when your teenager drives your car. "Uh Teddy, you were doing 137 through the shopping center, can you explain that?" "Sorry Mom, Dad said it would do 176 and I didn't believe him, its his fault for lying"

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Cuda340

I have just fitted a Rewire Security DB2 to my Challenger, and no I didn't simply connect it to the battery as suggested in the install instructions, one tip I will give anyone considering one is to put it somewhere high up in the car with minimum obstruction to the outside world such as on the rear parcel shelf or in the headliner.

I set up geo fences so it warns me when my car leaves an area, its sends me warnings when the engine Starts, if its towed away, when it detects vibration, harsh acceleration, braking, ETC it shows you on a Google map and remembers every journey for I think its 180 days (you can download and keep all this info), you can access/set up the device through your account on a web browser or their mobile app, if you can get them stateside I thoroughly recommend it.

Regards

Dereck

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
3,678 Posts
For some few years and up until Sept 2014 I had a CarChip Connect in both my cars. The Connect would connect via a cell phone modem to a cell network and send data to a web site. Not engine telemetry but location, and geo fence violations, speed or braking or severe braking/accident events.

It was fun/entertaining to leave the car at the dealer for service then at the office track the car's movements. I could tell which service bay the car was in and when it was in the wash bay. I'd contact the SA and let him know the car was finished and to get the paperwork done. Hehehe.

Unfortunately there was just not a market for this device and it has been discontinued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts