Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Recently bought a unicorn. It is the elusive, one owner, female driven, low mileage, 6-speed R/T Classic. 2011, black with white stripes, driven by a 62 year old, first grade school teacher 3 miles back and forth to school each day. Garage kept. If this all sounds like some kind of car guy fantasy, you are right. However, it?s the truth. I know this because I bought the car from my mom. It has 23,000 miles on it. To say it is a creampuff and has been babied is an understatement. Loving this ride!

Attachments

·
Registered
599 Posts
Congratulations on your new R/T.

I can get the first picture to open, but I cannot get the 2nd and 3rd to open?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Wow thought I was reading an episode of Andy Griffith show. That's awesome to get and being in the family to boot. Enjoy your ride!

Mopar or No Car, Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
Recently bought a unicorn. It is the elusive, one owner, female driven, low mileage, 6-speed R/T Classic. 2011, black with white stripes, driven by a 62 year old, first grade school teacher 3 miles back and forth to school each day. Garage kept. If this all sounds like some kind of car guy fantasy, you are right. However, it?s the truth. I know this because I bought the car from my mom. It has 23,000 miles on it. To say it is a creampuff and has been babied is an understatement. Loving this ride!
Definitely drive that car for more distances each time it gets used. It takes over seven miles of driving at operating temperature to get the oil hot enough (200*+ F) to drive the condensation out of it.

3mi one way trips the engine is barely warmed up.

My mom used to do this with her car - lifters (these were flat tappet version) went south and I ended up replacing them on a car that maybe had 30K on it.

as as side note - a lot of old timers would take their cars (winter storage) and start them and idle them for 15-20 minutes each week and then shut them off. Worst kind of wear you can do...

A lot of collector cars had ruined engines doing this. If you're not going to drive it, winterize it and bring it out when the weather is suitable and drive it then.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,821 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well where to start? Congratulations!!! Well played Sir. Super car, the shine is really deep. Looks bad ass.
I would tint the windows. And drive the heck out of it! Perfect wheels, badging, she got it all. How bout interior pics??
Good luck. You are off to a heck of a start I must say.

·
Registered
230 Posts
My SRT was also driven by a woman teacher (albeit a bit younger at 50ish) prior to my ownership (she sold it for a Charger Hellcat). I would guess that a woman teacher probably has a lot of street cred driving a challenger to school.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,210 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good points. The car was definitely driven a little bit on weekends. It has made a couple of small road trips and has even been to the dragstrip a handful of times (in the hands of yours truly.) they changed the oil four times a year, probably at intervals of 1500 miles at times. I have put about 3000 miles on it since I brought it home and I haven?t seen or heard any thing to concern me just yet.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
BTW. Really like your name.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts