Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I saved money by having a local guy put my stripes on. He said to bring in a picture of the color and type of stripes that I want him to mimic. So, my 2014 Challenger is Granite Crystal Metallic without a sunroof and with a raise center functional hood scoop. I started looking and can not make up my mind on color of stripes or design??? Please help me quick!!!! Send pictures, ideas, designs, etc... I am in big trouble, till I find something to work with, because looking online at pictures now, I do not like any of the colors with any of the designs. I may have to go custom.
:bangin:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I’d take a look at what the what the vendors here are offering for stripes to get a feel for what’s out there. Ridergraphix has a fairly extensive photo gallery of stripes on different cars to give you an idea of what’s available and what colors would match up well with GCM. I’d also look at Big Worm Graphics since they also have a good selection of stripes and a gallery up where you can see what they have to offer. The catch 22 with graphics is there’s not a good answer to your question since a lot of it comes down to personal preference.

Some questions you might want to think about are:

Do you want high contrast stripes contrast or ghost stripes?

If you want a high contrast stripe white and red are two colors I’d look at as options.
If you want ghost striping then I’d consider blacks and silvers as options. While car shopping I saw a GCM that had silver war striping and was impressed with how subtle it looked in certain lighting and how much it contrasted in other lighting.

Do you want to go with retro striping or modern striping?

If you want retro striping I’d look at the R/T classic style stripe, the hockey stick stripes, or the mid body line stripe. You also could go AAR or T/A but then my personal preference is to mimic the styling of those cars completely and I wasn't sure I’d like a matte black hood on GCM which was part of what had me debating GCM even though I love the color.

If you want more modern striping I’d look at full rally stripes, the SRT8 hood striping , and possibly the mopar 14 striping. If you search for granite or GCM you'll find a threads that have some good examples of what others opted to do with their cars. Chazz's Challenger has white rally stripes and I think it's a beautiful car.

http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f6/post-your-granite-crystal-metallic-challengers-here-89304/

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
206 Posts
That Granite Crystal is absolutely beautiful with very subtle stripes. Another guy on here had put on the belt line stripe along with his oem SRT stripes. Once he removed the original SRT stripes it was perfect and many are calling it the next ROTM. Just my .02. Go as subtle as possible and follow the body line if you can.
No stripes is cool too with that color I think. Personally I cant stand to see that color be ruined by huge flat black vinyl. Keep your girl nice and polished and that will conquer the look no stripe can achieve. Maybe a red pin stripe following a body line... Like I said though, just my opinion.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
I have a naked granite crystal metallic challenger as well and love the color. I too am torn between stipes. If I do put stripes on I think I'll go with the flat back R/T classic style ones with the extensions that go all the way to the back of the car.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have made up my mind! I am going to go with Pearl White Stripes down the middle but spaced out more 8" in between. Also, Pearl White pin stripes down the body line on the sides.

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Any update on your stripes?

·
Registered
531 Posts
I like the White R/T Classic stripes down the side on mine. I have seen the black ones and you can barely tell. I would like to see someone with red stripes though.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had red stripes on mine but recently removed them and I love it! Don't get me wrong, red is the way to go if your going to stripe it with GCM, but having no stripes is amazing as well. Stripe delete makes this color look really good. I've had a ton of compliments since I've done it. Sometimes less is more. The good thing about these cars is that you can change it up if you get tired of a certain look.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I had red stripes on mine but recently removed them and I love it! Don't get me wrong, red is the way to go if your going to stripe it with GCM, but having no stripes is amazing as well. Stripe delete makes this color look really good. I've had a ton of compliments since I've done it. Sometimes less is more. The good thing about these cars is that you can change it up if you get tired of a certain look.

Unless you paint the stripes...

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
368 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bad A**! Is it weird I just got all tingly inside??

Going through striping decisions right now with my build in GCM.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts