Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Sinamon Stick Widebody
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally let the paint cure a couple months and applied the graphene infused ceramic. Love the look after. Next up is re-applying it to my wife's Jeep. It's been a few years and needs a new coat.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
8,193 Posts
Wow! That came out beautiful. Awesome looking car! (y)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic M6
731 Posts
Finally let the paint cure a couple months and applied the graphene infused ceramic. Love the look after. Next up is re-applying it to my wife's Jeep. It's been a few years and needs a new coat. View attachment 1063122
View attachment 1063121
Forgive my ignorance, but is this a product you purchased and applied yourself, or is it a professional installation?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Forgive my ignorance, but is this a product you purchased and applied yourself, or is it a professional installation?
I purchased and did it myself. The process I use is I wash it, then I used Mothers claybar then go over any sections that need it with Meguires polish (things like any possible scratches or water marks). After that I used a prep or alcohol spray to remove any oils then apply the ceramic. Applying the ceramic is actually the easiest part, prepping the paint is the hard part getting it to where you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
2014 R/T Classic M6
731 Posts
I purchased and did it myself. The process I use is I wash it, then I used Mothers claybar then go over any sections that need it with Meguires polish (things like any possible scratches or water marks). After that I used a prep or alcohol spray to remove any oils then apply the ceramic. Applying the ceramic is actually the easiest part, prepping the paint is the hard part getting it to where you will be happy with it.
Thanks! I'm thinking about buying an orbital buffer and going after mine with some polish to remove any micro-scratches. That product you used looks amazing, and I think I'll give it a try when things cool off here a bit.

Cheers!

JD

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks! I'm thinking about buying an orbital buffer and going after mine with some polish to remove any micro-scratches. That product you used looks amazing, and I think I'll give it a try when things cool off here a bit.

Cheers!

JD
The product I used was
Adam’s UV Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit - 10H Graphene
I ordered the kit with the UV light. Made is so much easier with the light. As I applied and wiped off I could actually see the ceramic and what was coated. IMPORTANT, when you apply use long even strokes to apply trying not to pick up the pad too much. That will keep the application more consistent and even. With the temps and humidity here last week when I applied it I would wipe the the excess off that section lightly within about 60 seconds kind of hand buffing it. After I was done I went over it with the UV light looking for any high spots using a little of the polish to take it back down reapply that section again. Sounds hard but honestly it really isn't.

Beautiful! That's a DEEP finish.

Sinamon Stick is an awesome color & you upped it several times over!
Thank you. I've had Redline Red and Yellow-Jacket yellow and loved them both but Sinamon Stick was one I had been wanting for a long time. I had the hood repainted to add the gloss black to the center above the snorkel and follow the hood line up and to the sides to just break it up a little. I love being able to see the reflections in the gloss.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The product I used was
Adam’s UV Advanced Graphene Ceramic Coating Kit - 10H Graphene
I ordered the kit with the UV light. Made is so much easier with the light. As I applied and wiped off I could actually see the ceramic and what was coated. IMPORTANT, when you apply use long even strokes to apply trying not to pick up the pad too much. That will keep the application more consistent and even. With the temps and humidity here last week when I applied it I would wipe the the excess off that section lightly within about 60 seconds kind of hand buffing it. After I was done I went over it with the UV light looking for any high spots using a little of the polish to take it back down reapply that section again. Sounds hard but honestly it really isn't.
Excellent products and you are correct, the light they sell is a must have item. There are some colors which might be a bit more difficult, like blue due to the residue color of the coating - I actually go through a 4-6 step paint correction and polish process (usually one thorough detail and then shorter follow-ups in between) - then prep spray and then ceramic. The ceramic sprays do not last as long as some of the other coatings, but I actually like that aspect for several reasons, first, cars outnumber people and they are all kept inside so the coating lasts a long time, second, it’s not difficult to remove mechanically for a quick polish and re-coat, third, it’s easy to apply, and finally, it’s not expensive (the applicators, removal cloths, and edgeless towels will cost more than the coating). Another neat thing about the graphene is that is can go over trim and windows - just be mindful to clay and polish the glass and use a good trim polish and prep spray. Adams also makes plastic and rubber coatings that are long-term. I use them on the wheel liners, trim and tires (insdie and out) and it’s awesome to be able to quickly rinse the car, blow dry it and basically be done. It probably sounds like a lot, and it is initially, but I can wash them over and over without having to spend a ton of time on the details and they look great. Final thought, the foam cannon will not be as effective as the ceramic will repel the foam, but it doesn’t matter because washing is a breeze.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Excellent products and you are correct, the light they sell is a must have item. There are some colors which might be a bit more difficult, like blue due to the residue color of the coating - I actually go through a 4-6 step paint correction and polish process (usually one thorough detail and then shorter follow-ups in between) - then prep spray and then ceramic. The ceramic sprays do not last as long as some of the other coatings, but I actually like that aspect for several reasons, first, cars outnumber people and they are all kept inside so the coating lasts a long time, second, it’s it difficult to remove mechanically for a quick polish and re-coat, third, it’s easy to apply, and finally, it’s not expensive (the applicators, removal cloths, and edgeless towels will cost more than the coating). Another neat thing about the graphene is that is can go over trim and windows - just be mindful to clay and polish the glass and use a good trim polish and prep spray. Adams also makes plastic and rubber coatings that are long-term. I use them on the wheel liners, trim and tires (insdie and out) and it’s awesome to be able to quickly rinse the car, blow dry it and basically be done. It probably sounds like a lot, and it is initially, but I can wash them over and over without having to spend a ton of time on the details and they look great. Final thought, the foam cannon will not be as effective as the ceramic will repel the foam, but it doesn’t matter because washing is a breeze.
I agree with what you have said. I didn't use the spray on my car but I do use the graphene ceramic spray on my wifes. My last coating I used the Armor shield from Avalon King and love it but this time around I wanted something with the graphene added to it and that is why I went with the Adams product.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, that looks amazing! Your car is gorgeous! There’s nothing like that shine😍!
Thank you for the kind words. I am kind of partial to her. It is hard to ever choose between all the unique colors and styles. They are all beautiful cars.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
33,851 Posts
That looks amazing! Well done ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wow, love me some Sinamon Stick! I damn near made a last second decision to switch from Granite to Sinamon the night before placing my order, but I chickened out LOL. That was a year ago, and I'm still extremely happy with my decision, but Sinamon Stick and B5 are a close second.

Side question... did you do the vinyl on the hood yourself or did you have a shop do it? I'm really digging that look.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow, love me some Sinamon Stick! I damn near made a last second decision to switch from Granite to Sinamon the night before placing my order, but I chickened out LOL. That was a year ago, and I'm still extremely happy with my decision, but Sinamon Stick and B5 are a close second.

Side question... did you do the vinyl on the hood yourself or did you have a shop do it? I'm really digging that look.
thanks. I love all the colors. To answer your question, it is not vinyl, I had the hood repainted and the black design painted on. I originally did it in vinyl and did it myself and liked it so much had it removed and painted permanently and clear coated over it all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts