Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize if this has been brought up before but I've never seen it mentioned.
There's a show on Velocity TV called Graveyard Carz.
All they do is fix up Mopars. They just finished a 1970 Challenger R/T.
Tonight they are working on the 440 Super Commando engine for a 1970 Plymouth Superbird.
Also the suspension for a 1969 Daytona Super Charger.
This guy really knows his sh*t when it comes to Mopar.
It's on at 8:00 pm here in the mid-west.
Hope someone sees this that didn't know.

(OO [::::::::::::::::SRT:::] OO)

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
I tried watching some of the Season One episodes, but Mark and all the typical "reality tv" drama got on my nerves.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
I tried watching the show, the shop owner seems like a total ass, turned it off. Too bad, the subject matter is good

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know it's hard sometimes but when they finished that Challenger in PCP it was sweet.
(except for the luggage rack on the trunk, Oh well)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I tried watching some of the Season One episodes, but Mark and all the typical "reality tv" drama got on my nerves.
...+1

·
Registered
423 Posts
Seriously, after watching that show for a couple of episodes, would you trust the restoration of your prized Mopar to those bungling goofs?

They drop cars on the floor and the majority of their day consists of cutting up with each other, then taking their just-completed cars out and tearing them up....

no thanks..........

I know plenty of people that have forgotten more about Mopars than Mark Worman knows....

:blowingup:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yup, I watch it but sometimes its real hard to get through the bickering. Always arguing over petty BS. But they do put out some nice looking Mopars. I also watch Americarna, Chasing Classic Cars and Overhaulin on Velocity. I like Fast & Loud and Counting Cars on other channels. Not a fan of all the auction and flip shows. Seem like a bunch of con artists to me.

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
There was one episode where the owner got his hands on a 2010 SRT from Dodge and he told the camera that the 6.1 was a 426 Hemi. I haven't watched since.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
I've watched it for two seasons now. The childish crap just gets on my nerves, I find myself muting the tv or switching channels? Then there is the a hole named Daren, nothing but a lazy duch bag that likes to antagonize people. He needs to go away.

The idea and concept for the show is great, I love the history and detail. I have noticed a slight change this season in toning down the stupid childish crap, if the show wants to grow that stuff needs to stop!

We'll see how much longer it will go on.

Now as for Holly, I wonder if she is single :heart:

:eek:rder::eek:rder:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Just watching them build the Superbird motor and I think they put the main bearings in upside down. I did not see the hole in the center of the main bearings for the oil passage on the block side.

·
Premium Member
9,346 Posts
Just watching them build the Superbird motor and I think they put the main bearings in upside down. I did not see the hole in the center of the main bearings for the oil passage on the block side.
How long until that motor locks up? lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
I've watched it for two seasons now. The childish crap just gets on my nerves, I find myself muting the tv or switching channels? Then there is the a hole named Daren, nothing but a lazy duch bag that likes to antagonize people. He needs to go away.

The idea and concept for the show is great, I love the history and detail. I have noticed a slight change this season in toning down the stupid childish crap, if the show wants to grow that stuff needs to stop!

We'll see how much longer it will go on.

Now as for Holly, I wonder if she is single :heart:

:eek:rder::eek:rder:
I agree, Daren needs a good beating. I just can't figure out if he is a partner or an employee. If he is an employee fire his lazy, shit stirring, bitching ass and move on. The whole show makes no sense, seems like everyone is part time and the name on the building is not Graveyard Cars. Must be a lot more going on behind the scenes to get such nice cars out.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ive been watching the show since it started and it seems every episode gets more intolerable the need to get back to showing more of the builds and less of the bullshit. If you go to their Facebook site 90 percent of peoples comments are they are getting sick of all the BS also, maybe they will take the hint

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I apologize if this has been brought up before but I've never seen it mentioned.
There's a show on Velocity TV called Graveyard Carz.
All they do is fix up Mopars. They just finished a 1970 Challenger R/T.
Tonight they are working on the 440 Super Commando engine for a 1970 Plymouth Superbird.
Also the suspension for a 1969 Daytona Super Charger.
This guy really knows his sh*t when it comes to Mopar.
It's on at 8:00 pm here in the mid-west.
Hope someone sees this that didn't know.

(OO [::::::::::::::::SRT:::] OO)
I've tried watching it, but they focus more on the antics of the crew, than building cars. I found it quite irritating.

YMMV.

Justin

·
Super Moderator
15,344 Posts
The whole show makes no sense, seems like everyone is part time and the name on the building is not Graveyard Cars. Must be a lot more going on behind the scenes to get such nice cars out.
Mark's full time business is the body shop (Welby's) - they do the GYC stuff on the weekends and off hours...its a side business that Mark started up a few years back and then got the TV show going.

So the guys (Royal for one, Darren I think has a pig farm), have regular day jobs and do the GYC stuff over the weekends and probably after hours weekdays when the body shop side closes for the day.

They're based out of Springfield, Ore (near Eugene) and I met the guys last year when they attended the Mopar Nationals at Woodburn, Ore...

1 - 20 of 43 Posts