Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I found a great site for purchasing microfiber detailing clothes. They are cheap but are of high quality (very plush with no stitching on the edges).

Also, every Friday has free shipping.

Check it out.

Microfiber Detailing Cloths, Towels, and Supplies
Those r what u want to look for. Made in South Korea and obviously USA . Avoid the China made. Thats the advice of the junkman anyway. Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I found a great site for purchasing microfiber detailing clothes. They are cheap but are of high quality (very plush with no stitching on the edges).

Check it out.

Did the junkman turn you on to these? They are some of the ABSOLUTE BEST microfiber clothes out there. The quality is second to none. Best price anywhere.

I feel bad for some of these guys buying those junk bulk microfibers.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
My advice for those interested in trying a particular brand/towel would be to buy in sample quantities first. This way you can evaluate the product(s) for yourself and decide if they perform to your expectations before buying more. IMO/IME, towel performance is more of a “your mileage may vary” kind of deal. Not all towels are manufactured similarly or comprised of the same materials. To make matters worse, towels from the same source can also vary by batch. I have bought “high end” towels that were a big disappointment (that previously worked well for me) and some cheaper ones that were relatively decent. IMO/IME, the whole “China vs. Korea” is a moot point these days since you can find crappy examples coming from both locations. You can’t base your decision solely on country of origin, polyamide/polyester blend, weight or even recommendations from others.

….nothing wrong with cheap, bulk towels IMO either (as long they perform to your expectations). Having said that, I don’t usually source my “paint only” towels from the same place as my lesser duty towels. …..and I’m willing to pay substantial more for the former.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Did the junkman turn you on to these? They are some of the ABSOLUTE BEST microfiber clothes out there. The quality is second to none. Best price anywhere.

I feel bad for some of these guys buying those junk bulk microfibers.
These r junkman approved! They even posted his video on there home page and said it's been crazy since he posted his latest video about their site.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I agree with the advice to buy samples first before buying a large lot and they can vary lot to lot. One person's favorite. The best advice is to decide for yourself what you like rather than let others decide for you by getting samples and using them.

For example, I do not like super plush towels. I think some are attracted to them since they think plusher is better.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

Check it out.

I got mine the other day. They are okay. Advantage Auto has the same or very similar ones. They didn't impress me enough to get more or spread the word. Just my 2c..

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Got mine today, the Sent me the wrong towels for one item. Some of the towels r just like what u could get at the big brand store. U have to know which towels r the premium ones. I ordered 2 blue waffle weave microfiber towels but got something else. Looks and feels like ones at autozone. The white waffle weave one i did get and it's very high quality.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I complained about the towels, was told to wash them first, and per the instructions, washed them. Same thing, very thin and not worth the money. I think the Ebay seller is photoshoping the pics to look fluffier...LOL But I did learn that there are different GSM's which have to do with the thickness. These were supposedly 280GSM. I found some that are 600, and some even 100 that you can tell are better quality. The yellow costco ones I'm guessing are around 330 GSM.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
trying a few different sources for microfibers and other detailing products and I'll tell you this, Detailers Domain got my order to me 2 days before Chemical Guys even shipped the order placed the same day.

Phil's (Detailers Domain) got it going on for sure and he dosen't give BS vague answers to question like Adams does.. (sorry, like Dylan did). I think Adam is a fine guy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts