Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I own a 3.6L sxt. I, like many of you went through the exhaust debate. So I bought Flow Master Super 40s and had the resonators deleted. It sounded great but when reving the engine over 3000 rpms it sounded not as deep. Also for those who drive a lot the cabin drone is beyond annoying... so then I got Super 44s... same issue. Drone. So I then talked to the exhaust guys and we put resonators on and straight-piped the exhaust. I will tell you what, $600 later I wish I would of just done that in the first place. So I guess I am trying to tell you from my experience. Just take off your factory mufflers, leave the reso's, save money by not buying exhaust. It sounds 10020020303 times better. It's a nice deep bellow and sounds great when accelerating. The drone is still there when accelerating hard but for causal driving it's amazing.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will upload a video today. But funny thing. There are movers at my apt as we speak for my move back to oregon! I'm from Canby and will be working out of beaverton. Right now I'm in va.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice. I'm in the Beaverton area as well. When your back in town check out the west section on here for future events.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Thanks for posting that video. You may have saved me some money. lol

Is there a reason you couldn't keep the stock exhaust tips, or did you want a different look?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A tip fell off on my way to Michigan and I couldn't buy just one tip oem. They wanted me to buy a while cat back system haha. But I like the way it looks as well.

·
Registered
387 Posts
What's up with your rear end? I've never seen tail lights like that. I thought all Challengers had the same tail light setup.

Anyway...so what you're saying is you removed the stock mufflers under the center of the car, replaced with straight pipe, and then left the resonators on the rear of the car and that's it? Dude that video sounded excellent...better than a lot of aftermarket kits I've heard. And an exhaust shop would probably do that for $50 bucks. I'm sold!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Record in landscape brah.
Sounds good though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
sounds alot like my solo without the j pipes imo and i like it! don't know if i would take it over my exhaust though. You can also get some pretty good looking exhaust tips from solo performance if you're in the market for some!
Props to you on your exhaust! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ahhh...I'm glad you posted this video because I thought that you had left the factory resonators on and deleted the factory mufflers. But it's actually the factory resonators that you don't have anymore. Completely different ballgame. So there is no drone? The Blastin Bob kit is the same thing and people say it drones like hell.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts