Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,993 Posts
I saw this and thought that it was a Great deal for those that use Mobil 1 and thought that I'd share it. It is at Walmart and here's the link to the oil:

https://www.dealnews.com/Mobil-1-Fu...-after-rebate-pickup-at-Walmart/18072139.html

Here's the link to the rebate:

https://apfco.com/secured/R10130W/

I use Mobil 1 0W-40 in my 2009 SRT and buy it from Walmart. They have great prices. A 5-gallon jug sells for only $22.88. Unfortunately, the rebate only applies to certain stores- Walmart is not one of them.

Read the terms and conditions of the rebate to see the participating stores:

https://apfco.com/Secured/R10130W/Info/Terms

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use Mobil 1 0W-40 in my 2009 SRT and buy it from Walmart. Unfortunately, the rebate only applies to certain stores- Walmart is not one of them.

Read the terms and conditions of the rebate to see the participating stores:

https://apfco.com/Secured/R10130W/Info/Terms

Thanks for the info. I Apologize because I didn't read the fine print. :cheers:

·
Super Moderator
14,993 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Take a look at the thread I mentioned.....hundreds and hundreds of people get these rebates after buying from Walmart...not just me.I talked to the Mobil 1 rebate people directly years ago to confirm this.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It's kind of strange that they would go through the trouble of listing all of those stores and then give the rebate to people that didn't buy from one of those stores anyway. I'm not saying that I don't believe you - it's just strange.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Note the word "includes"...it is not a complete list.Autozone and Advance Auto aren't listed but are certainly included.Only Amazon is excluded specifically.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,205 Posts
Really, rather piss in my engine then use that oil...…………… have U ever tested your oil samples ???

Do your own test with YOUR money to prove me wrong.

The SAME questions over and over get old.

JUST SAYIN...……….

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Have done 7 or 8 of those rebates after buying from Walmart and they absolutely do qualify as I’ve received every last one, although they can take awhile to receive.

·
Super Moderator
14,993 Posts
Really, rather piss in my engine then use that oil...…………… have U ever tested your oil samples ???

Do your own test with YOUR money to prove me wrong.

The SAME questions over and over get old.

JUST SAYIN...……….
If Mobil 1 is such a bad oil, why did Dodge specify its use in the 6.1 engine?

Mobil 1 has been the Official Motor Oil of NASCAR since 2003, with more than half the teams, in the NASCAR Cup Series, NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Truck Series, using it. The high rpm and operating temperatures that a race engine must endure provides an excellent testing ground for developing specially formulated, advanced motor oil.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,205 Posts
I raced my car hard in hot CA weather for a few years only using Mobil 1. My oil temperature never went above 260*. FWIW, as the recommended oil for Mercedes-AMG, Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil is also the factory fill for several vehicles since 1992.

https://mobiloil.com/en/article/why...rs-trust-mobil-1/mercedes-amg-recommended-oil

Um, OK there is way better choices out there then this oil.

Just because BMW says use Castrol or Chevys says Mobil 1, it's because the get the oil cheaper for factory fills.

I run oil based on make, model and driving habits. Takes about a year for me to figure out what works best.

Audi gets French made oil, the Fords and Chevys love Valvoline.

All my rides run full syn oil-mileage does not matter after all the tests I have run.

8.1L had 117K ,miles and picked MPG, less consumption and more power due to the switch.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I run oil based on make, model and driving habbits. Takes about a year for me to figure out what works best.

Allow me to pick your brain a bit

Can you expand on your comment above?
Especially the “works best” part.

How long do you keep a car on average?

·
Registered
507 Posts
on sale

I noticed on the list of approved sellers of Mobile 1, BJ's wholesale club is listed. They have a six quart pack of Mobile 1 synthetic, for $28 bucks right now. That and the rebate makes it a deal.

hope that helps
parrott

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,205 Posts
Allow me to pick your brain a bit

Can you expand on your comment above?
Especially the “works best” part.

How long do you keep a car on average?

Forever???

Just keep buying what WANTS to come home, So yes have never sold a car WE have owned.

secret is spread miles across all rides...………….

1 - 17 of 17 Posts