Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning and saw the latest report from JD power. They rated the Dodge Challenger #1 in the Midsize Sporty Car Category. Way to go Dodge. The
Dodge Charger was #1 In the Large Car Category.

America's Best-Loved Cars - Yahoo! Autos

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Interesting since the JD Powers results were based on surveys of owners. Tells me the Challenger owners are more happy with their rides than the #2 car, the Camaro. Maybe that's why so many Camaro's are showing up on the used lots... a lack of owner satisfaction.

Based on the # seen in used lots I'm guessing there's not a lot of owner loyalty associated with the Camaro. A good friend bought a Camaro, was all he could talk about when it was on order. Once he got it... not so much. It's been sitting on a Dodge trade-in lot now for about six months.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
11,078 Posts
With all the positive reports that come out on the Challenger, and all the complements we all get on our cars you would think sales would be higher.

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
funny how they had 3 cars in some and two in others

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
it's always good to see us getting positive press! although i wonder....would JD Power give themselves their own award???

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
With all the positive reports that come out on the Challenger, and all the complements we all get on our cars you would think sales would be higher.
Well when Dodge dealers want $10,000 over MSRP for a car its no wonder they can't sell them. I remember the whining from dealers caught with '09's and 10's on their lots when the 11's came out yet they continue with the same "market adjustment" crap.

I went looking at 392's a couple weekends ago and got met with nothing but lies and "market adjustments" anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 over MSRP. That equates to a lost sale for Dodge. I'm over the 392, I'll just keep my R/T.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Well when Dodge dealers want $10,000 over MSRP for a car its no wonder they can't sell them. I remember the whining from dealers caught with '09's and 10's on their lots when the 11's came out yet they continue with the same "market adjustment" crap.

I went looking at 392's a couple weekends ago and got met with nothing but lies and "market adjustments" anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 over MSRP. That equates to a lost sale for Dodge. I'm over the 392, I'll just keep my R/T.
Seen a couple 392s drop down to $49. Really think Challengers are initially priced too high and need to be priced lower, with more buying incentives, like competitive interest rates, then they'd be flying out the door, since most people would buy one if they could. No matter how many awards are won, if people can't afford them, they won't be buying them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just had to have it and paid 10k over msrp. Money is just paper anyway, I got My challenger 1 hour after it arrived and no one has driven it but Me. It was worth the price and there were others waiting to buy it if My financing did not go through.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I really think I bought mine at the right time. I don't think I got the best deal ever, but I got a heck of a good deal and would buy it again in a second. I think the 392's are awesome, but no way would I ever buy one at the price they are bringing. Just like I would never buy a corvette or other expensive sports car no matter how much I like them, I've just got an idea of much a car should cost and won't pay more than I think it's worth.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I remember having an app running on my pc that was a countdown to the Challenger release date. When the day came and I saw the price, I decided to wait.

The high markups I'm hearing about must be a regional thing. Around here most dealers within 200 miles have theirs priced up to $3K under MSRP (via internet e quotes) including the $1K bonus cash. I picked up a GWE R/T Classic Manual Trans 3 days ago well under invoice with 36 mo 0% financing. It had 12 miles on it.

I'm seeing the same deals on the SRT8s around here as well. I wouldn't personally touch an SRT8 for what they have them priced. I just can't see why they are $10K more than the R/T Classic I just purchased.

I really love this car. I kicked my wife's suburban out of the garage so I could park it inside. She's going to have to wait until fall when it's much cooler out so I can get my other garage cleared out!

Too bad they don't have it in a convertible.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
The Camaro is great until you have to sit in it, drive it, or load something into the trunk.
Or look at it... :laugh:

I wouldn't personally touch an SRT8 for what they have them priced. I just can't see why they are $10K more than the R/T Classic I just purchased.
That's because you're new here. There are at least 50 threads explaining why they are $10k more. :smokin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts