1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
He must be from Detroit, based on the way he can handle the snow!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yeah it's an incredible shot. Looking at all the dirt, slush, and ice the orange truck is throwing you have to wonder if it tipped or not after the shot was taken. I assume the Challenger ended up passing the truck as it it was losing control. If so great job keeping the challenger on the road although they got really lucky the truck didn't tag them.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
That looks like it could be a scene from the movie "Vanishing Point" modern day. :thup:

When I was looking at the picture that thought crossed my mind. :lol:
yea, instead of two bulldozers, two Semi's... and they actualy got out of his way.. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
That looks like it could be a scene from the movie "Vanishing Point" modern day. :thup:

When I was looking at the picture that thought crossed my mind. :lol:
Dude, that's the first thing I thought. Then I said to myself that is so wrong,I hope everybody was okay. Then I saved it as my wallpaper!

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Excellent timing! I would imagine that the situation got very ugly from that point onward.

Gotta give the rig driver credit though..............it looks like he's still got that tractor diggin for all she's worth! Maybe he saved it? :dunno:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Excellent timing! I would imagine that the situation got very ugly from that point onward.

Gotta give the rig driver credit though..............it looks like he's still got that tractor diggin for all she's worth! Maybe he saved it? :dunno:
He might have hard to tell if it's too far gone. It definately looks like they're in the throttle trying to save it. About the third thing I thought, after did the truck roll and where was the challenger when the truck started to lose it, was how close did the person taking the picture come to getting hit cause with the truck that out of control it certainly looks like they're in harms way.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
He might have hard to tell if it's too far gone. It definately looks like they're in the throttle trying to save it. About the third thing I thought, after did the truck roll and where was the challenger when the truck started to lose it, was how close did the person taking the picture come to getting hit cause with the truck that out of control it certainly looks like they're in harms way.

Take it easy
Jay
The Challenger driver was on or had just released the binders. (nose down)

The camera person...........duck!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
here is another shot shortly after; impressive driving by the trucker as things easily could have been worse
Thanks for posting the follow up amazing recovery all things considered. It really looked like there was the possibility of a complete jack knife or roll over considering how tilted that trailer was for a bit. They're not quite out of the woods yet but they're in much better shape than a second or so before hand.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
1,265 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
after a little more digging I found out the trucker didn't actually save it
As you go down the potential things that could have happened hitting the challenger, rolling over, hitting the other jack knifed truck etc that outcome doesn't look too bad. Sucks it got away in the first place but in terms of minimizing a bad situation after looking at the first picture it's a better out come than I'd expected.

Take it easy
Jay

1 - 17 of 17 Posts