Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were fortunate to be up at the Chrysler Tech Center in Auburn Hills last weekend for their 2011 Family Day event. This event was set up basically like a fair for all the employees and their families in part to thank them for all their work, and in part to celebrate the fact that their debt to the US and Canadian governments has been repaid. They tucked all the top secret stuff away in closed workshops and basically opened the whole rest of the facility up for people to tour. Being the 2nd largest building in North America, there was a LOT to see!

I thought it was a really cool gesture to their employees and everybody seemed to be having a great time. There were exhibitions set up of freestyle motorcross, Jeep's climbing up and down REALLY steep ramps, a climbing wall, etc. Kids were loving it and lots of smiles all around.

We had our car on display in the Design court next to Robby Gordon's off-road race truck. Got to meet Robby and hang out for a bit on Friday and he was very cool and definitely likes his toys - his truck was quite impressive too! I didn't measure, but the shocks were as big around as my thigh - must've been at least 8" diameter - freakin HUGE! In the picture below, he's extending one of the two hydraulic rams on the bottom of the truck that let them change tires or get the thing out of a ditch if needed - fun stuff.

The highlight of the trip was getting some one-on-one time with Ralph Gilles. I can't say enough about how cool he was - rare that you meet a CEO in person and come away an even stronger fan of the brand, but that's exactly what happened with us. What a genuine, down-to-earth car guy.

Some pics below:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Chrysler Employee car show was at the same time over by the WPC Museum...I tried see what was going on at the family day, but the one show did not allow admission to the other...too bad. Also Brad Kesolewski's #22 was there also...so was Harvick's yellow Nationwide Car.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, they actually did some pit stop demonstrations with the Penzoil car - pretty fun to watch. We didn't make it over to the car show as we had a long drive ahead of us, but I heard there were some really cool cars there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts