Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I was at my dealer today( also a buddy of mine) and we were talking.. Seems that 2011 Green with Envy's are going to probably be one of the rarest challengers ever built. It was a late production and the paint is cancelled due to the metalic flakes... they come from Japan, so as far as he knows, the only 2011 GWE challengers out there are going to be the only ones ever. If I had the $ to buy another challenger I wouldn't waist my $ on the basic 392 or that white one that people were crazy over ( a dealer had 10 ordered with old srt rims and normal srt interior) I would be hunting a 2011 GWE and keeping it in a car condom... trust me on this one!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Most non Toxic Orange 2011 392s are pretty rare so far too. I'm not sure how many they built but there could be fewer than the IEs. We'll have to wait and see.

As for the Kowalski Challenger. EXTREMELY RARE and very desireable for a Challenger fan. Last time I checked that thread had several hundred responses.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I want you to see what I mean, in 30-40 years....I'm betting on the colour rarety to be more desirable than a run of the mill white chally with a 392 and black interior, just saying just because a dealer had 10 cars made to his specs and the idea to name it after the movie..... not really gonna fly , in my books anyways. I'm not knocking anyones car, hell we all have the same love, but this GWE was the colour for 2011 and now you cant even get one, or hard to atleast...

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
I dont think any GWE have been built yet. Seems a couple were built but have "shock issues".

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In all reality the 2011 model year is endig in a month or two

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I dont think any GWE have been built yet. Seems a couple were built but have "shock issues".
Correct and the paint issue is a non issue as the second batch was approved so steve give it a rest already the more you post the more you sound like a troll

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I stand corrected if this is true.. I was told it was going to be approved for 2012's, so if I AM WRONG, MY BAD

·
Banned
407 Posts
GWE is not effected by the issues with the japanese supplier. green w/ envy looks like it may be rare...but not because of that

·
Registered
411 Posts
In 30 or 40 years chances are I will be in the ground. I do know that speculating on what car will be rare or popular decades from now is a hard one to figure. In the classic Mopar world Green is usually considered one of the least popular colors.

As for the GWE I find it hilarious that a car manufacturer has so much trouble simply painting a car a new color.

·
Banned
863 Posts
Man I could be dead in 30-40 years, or in 48 hours.... so I DONT CARE.
I'll TAKE MY COLOR, HEMI, FAT TIRES, LOUD STEREO, 6 SPEED - NOW!!!

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Well I stand corrected if this is true.. I was told it was going to be approved for 2012's, so if I AM WRONG, MY BAD
stevert the GWE cars will be getting there first test paint within a week then production is slated to start the 1st. I know the color is behind but when you have supplier issues it's all part of getting the metallic flakes right. I saw the one they had out in CA during SF6 for those that are waiting it will be worth the wait.
As for the desirability of which car is going to be collectable in 30 to 40 years I won't see that day but in the mean time I'm going to drive the wheels off the car and enjoy it that's what restoration shops are for :guiness::guiness::guiness:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Being that the window to order the GWE R/T Classic was open for less than 3 weeks, and sounds like most dealers that got one coming did so only for customers orders, (maybe some of the dealers were afraid of inventory sitting like the FF/PCP cars did on some lots) this may be a pretty low numbers production just because of the timing-the only one my dealer has coming is the one I ordered-

·
Registered
406 Posts
But bet they have more success with the GWE than the FF (especially with the white interior)...no offense gentlemen with FF keys on their hook!

Putting a car in your condom, good luck to your wife Hoss! ha!

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
GWE is not effected by the issues with the japanese supplier. green w/ envy looks like it may be rare...but not because of that
Very true but there are many different takes on this. GWE could be the next Furious Fuschia or it could be the next Hemi Orange.. Its hard to tell what will happen if GWE will be a one year only color or be the next flagship color until the Challenger is gone in 2014..

·
Registered
891 Posts
Dealerships here told me the window for GWE cars was Apr. 4. Now I've been told the deadline is extended till the 21st (here in Canada anyway).

I have seen 3, yes only 3 2011 Challengers here, all IE's. There are no SE's or RT's here. When I was pricing out the the GWE, there were only 2 colours you could order: GWE and TO. They couldn't even order a black car??? The 2011's are going to be rare, because they simply are not even being built/shipped yet. If you think a GWE is going to be rare, what about a Blackberry, or silver or any of the other colours?

Weird year. Last year, in 2010, my wife ordered a 2011 Mustang. Car was ordered in April, built in May, we got it in June, yes 6 months before 2011 even began. I hear Chrysler is going to get back on track, building the 2012's THIS YEAR so we can get them by the end of the year.

ALL 2011's should be extremely rare, just by shear numbers....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts