Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Vendor
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today we picked up my Green with Envy 392 Challenger!! I purchased the car from the most wonderful dealership, Baxter Dodge in Nebraska, and they arranged for me to be able to pick it up from the railhead in Orlando and then have the PDI done by Vero Beach Dodge.

I want to specially thank Lee (BPAG) for helping make this all possible. From beginning to the end, and for all our future purchases, Lee has been extremely great to work with and there is a huge difference when you deal with Lee and Baxter Dodge vs. buying from just any dealer. Jon (BPAG II) is also wonderful, and the "Baxter Boys" as I call them are as passionate about our cars as we are, and will make sure you not only get the best price possible, but have a great time making the purchase.

So, this morning Kris and I rode up to Vero Beach (1.5 hrs) to meet the owner and he had one of their managers drive us to Orlando (2 hrs) to pick up the car.

First glimpse (through the fence from the road):

At the railhead, they allowed me to drive the car from the parking spot, through security and out "into the world". Here I am with my new ride:

Back at the dealership for PDI:

With 222 miles on her, we made it back home and my little boy (who is obsessed with wheels and cars) got to meet her:

Of course, these touches make it extra special ...

(Thanks, Lee!!)

(Thanks, BB!!)

Here are all the pics I took today ... GWE Pick-up Day - a set on Flickr ... from the railhead to the dealer and home. Tomorrow I'll have it at the shop for some more!!

This car is amazing ... perfect, and the photos do not do the color justice!!

Lisa.

·
Registered
2015 SRT, 6 Speed, Sublime Green
1,752 Posts
Wow... That is a nice looking car... What a great day it must have been for you and your family.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Here are a few more pics I took when we were picking her up at the rail head

·
Vendor
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^ You can see the snazzy orange safety vests we had to wear!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks great! I'm jelly - hopefully my GWE RT will be here by July! :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Awesome...truly awesome! Great pics. Great thread. Great color. Great car. You love it know...just wait till you've broken it in...whole nother story....even better! I can tell your son is already thinking about driving it. The look in his eyes tells me he gets it!

I'm in SoCal and Lee made my 392 dream come true too. Good one Lee!

Thanks for sharing the story and pics. Enjoy it Lisa! Congrats!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Congrats. :thumbsup: I'm green with jealousy.

·
Vendor
348 Posts
When's the black hood going on?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
congrats ... cant wait to see it
David

·
Registered
63 Posts
Great looking car!!

The stripe delete a good idea - why distract from the
appropriately named color? It looks amazing in your photos.

I'm sure you'll get endless attention and comments everywhere you go.

I want one

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations Lisa! Awesome car! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Your son has the look in his eyes thinking I can't wait to get behind the wheel when mom & dad aren't looking.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Lisa,

The car looks great! Your pictures REALLY showcase the nature of this color. The images really POP.:D

Not to rain on your happy moment, but what is going on with the door seal in this photo? It looks kinda "smushed" in a couple places?

JFF:D

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Wow!

Lisa, great looking car - The life of the party HAS ARRIVED!

Enjoy the GWE, the crowds, and the limelight because you are going to be in it!

Looking forward to see one in the prairies sunlight, Zeb

PS - that Brampton Builder guy is going to go down in history...GO CANUCKS

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Lisa,

The car looks great! Your pictures REALLY showcase the nature of this color. The images really POP.:D

Not to rain on your happy moment, but what is going on with the door seal in this photo? It looks kinda "smushed" in a couple places?

No worries those seals are easily folded back when getting in and out of these cars in tight spots such as loading and inloading trains and trucks. A simple finnesse with your finger and it will be good as new

·
Registered
323 Posts
Lisa,

Congrats on your new GWE! It really looks awesome! Will you be driving it to the shop on a regular basis? I'd like to come in and see that beauty in person. Maybe we can get a couple of pics with your GWE and my Redline? Do you think they will play nice together? I've done several mods since you've last seen her. I'd like to show you how she's progressed.

Best of luck with your new baby.

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Nice... now that's a good picture of the color. Looks much better than some of the other pictures posted. That reinforces my plan that my next one will probably be Green.

I will say it appears very close to the Camaro Synergy Green, which I also like, but this looks a bit deeper in these pics.

Congrats...looking good! I think you are the first one to actually receive delivery aren't you?

Mike

·
Vendor
5,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When's the black hood going on?
It should be done being made in June/July. You know, I am so loving the car as-is that I'm content with it stock. But, my friends remind me that I said the same thing about my R/T and that only lasted a month. I am sure when the hood arrives I'll be ready to mod it. ;)

Lisa,

It's all better now. :) When I picked her up, the styrophom blocks were still on the sides and spoiler wrapped in plastic, as well as the entire inside, so I am sure it was just from shipping.

I didn't really know what to expect picking it up at the rail-head (before the dealer's PDI) but I am really glad I did it. We had no radio for the ride to the dealer, but the a/c worked so we lucked out with that. Truly a fun experience and I got to keep all the build documents, too!

Congrats on getting the car. Enjoy it cause it's FN SWEET !!!
Yes, it is and I really appreciate all your help and for being part of this special car to me. I really love the fuse box!! Hope we can meet some day, BB.

Lisa,

Congrats on your new GWE! It really looks awesome? Will you be driving it to the shop on a regular basis? I'd like to come in and see that beauty in person. Maybe we can get a couple of pics with your GWE and my Redline? Do you think they will play nice together? I've done several mods since you've last seen her. I'd like to show you how she's progressed.

Best of luck with your new baby.
Thanks!! YES, please bring your beautiful Redline by again!! It'll be a pre-Christmas photo shoot. :) Would love to see them together!! I will always have the GWE at the shop, right now I'm going to daily drive it and then on days I bring something else I'll be leaving the GWE in the bay. So, come any time!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts