Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Man, thanks for posting this video!!!!! I am so friggin STOKED right now!!!!!!!:clap:

All my apprehension and worry over ordering a new GWE SRT8 sight unseen and sound unheard have now all simply fell off of me and melted away.

I LOVE THIS CAR AND CAN'T WAIT TO GET MINE!!

That car is just gorgeous in the sunlight and sounds incredible. And seeing Ralph himself driving it for the "world debut" was just icing on the cake. These next couple months are going to make me crazy! Hahahahaha.......

JFF:D

P.S. Looks like the SRT is getting the same "brushed aluminum" center stack that the IE's got. Sweeeet!

·
Banned
863 Posts
I must admit I was unsure about this color but It looks good under real world conditions. Congrats to the GWE owners!
This SRT looks like it got alot hotter in 2011!

·
Registered
145 Posts
The only word I can think of to describe the color and the car is striking.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
HERE YA GO!!!...enjoy :guiness:
man these 392's are great.

Awesome find! I posted the convertible email addy in a new thread for those that want the car made.

The engine sound is awesome to say the least. I'm guessing my 13 speaker stereo won't get much use, I'll be too busy listening to the engine. :D

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Anyone catch the information Ralph mentions about "Spark trim".

To summarize, he says that they opened up the air hole on the new 2011 Challenger which allowed for a HP gain. Also, he says as the car gets hot, they have a thing in the tuning called "Spark Trim" where the car pulls spark as it gets hot.

I believe this is the engine hesitation that people are experiencing with the 6.1L.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Did you see the email link they gave to tell Ralph you want a convertible?
I finally am ready to buy and the time is right, and they tease me with hopes of a convertible again.
:scratchhead:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
wow added 90ftlbs!!!!

That's another thing I think many people don't get. It's about where that power is as well, just just overall numbers. 90ftlbs will make that car feel just incredible.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
wow added 90ftlbs!!!!

That's another thing I think many people don't get. It's about where that power is as well, just just overall numbers. 90ftlbs will make that car feel just incredible.
I agree, most just talk about the 45hp gain but fail to see what happened in the torque department. That extra 90 torque will pin you in your seat for sure. At 2900 rpm this thing was made for the street which I want - A kick azz street machine.

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
Great video, thanks for posting!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Can't wait to see how the steering is in the new car. He spent a lot of time talking about it.

·
Premium Member
2019 Hellcat Redeye in white knuckle with silver stripes
1,121 Posts
Thanks for posting that video.
That Green and that 392 are simply incredible:smokin:
I AM SO GREEN WITH ENVY!:8:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Great video, a big thank you for posting it!:bigthumb: I was happy with my current Challenger until viewing this. However I now find myself yearning for the increased power and handling of the '11 392 Challenger:browsmiley:. Man, even the stock exhaust sounded good in the video. Hmmmm, maybe I can swing it for MY2012:notallthere:
For those of you who are getting one of these beauties, I'm GWE too......congrats! :guiness:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Awesome video Thanks for posting. Sounds like those 2011 Challengers have had lots of upgrades and will make previous years Green with envy...:thumbsup:

I'd be curious to see how the R/T Classic evolved since they said they put negative camber in the wheels, unless it's just on the SRT cars.

Anyone buying a 2011 Challenger will definitely get a great car.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts