Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received a VERY interesting email from the dealer who sold me the GWE SRT8 I currently have in "C' status.

Here is the Mopar bonus bucks program for the 392.
This "new" (?) edition of the program appears to cover ALL Limited Edition Challengers with a 392 - not just the Inaugural Editions? It appears they are also including the Green With Envy cars, thus saying they are "Limited Editions"?!?!

Is this right?!

He is also telling me that although the program states it is for $500 of accesories I can only choose $425 as the dealer only gets 85% credit back from Chrysler. This appears to be an "error" on his part and looks like something I will need to set him straight on.:D

Regardless, has anybody else heard of this change to cover ALL 392 "Limited Edition" Challengers - meaning that Green With Envy is now also considered a "Limited Edition"? Seeing as we didn't seem to get too much for our $1495 Evnv Group charge, this would seem like a nice development if true.

JFF:D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
your GWE is not a limited edition...its unlimited

i think they are talking about the IE, but using a different name

the IE is the only limited edition 392 for 2011 (so far)

$1499 pays for a special paint job, seat inserts and a different center stack...its a special color and Dodge wants to cash in on it

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your GWE is not a limited edition...its unlimited
I wouldn't say a GWE, let alone any car, is "unlimited". All cars are finite in that only so many will be and are ever made. But that is semantics. However, it has been said in many places that the GWE run is not going to last forever and orders will end "soon". These cars are not numbered like the IE's, but the argument could be made that they are "limited".

i think they are talking about the IE, but using a different name
You are most likely correct on this. I have since noticed that the .pdf file I attached also says this:
MODEL ELIGIBILITY:
Eligible Models
2011 MY
Challenger SRT8-392 Limited Edition
LCDX22 with 21X or 22X CPOS and ACQ
The ACQ sales coded is the IE group, so it appears to NOT list the GWE car in any way as eligible. If it did, I would expect to see the AAK sales code listed too. The curious thing is the date at the top of 2/11 as if this version of the program just came into effect - long after the IE car's were ordered.

the IE is the only limited edition 392 for 2011 (so far)
Probably so.:)

$1499 pays for a special paint job, seat inserts and a different center stack...its a special color and Dodge wants to cash in on it
If you are referring to the GWE, which I am sure you are, the cost was $1495 (actually $1331 invoice since I got my car at $500 under the invoice price), and it also includes the FF wheels with black pockets. And, yes, Dodge is cashing in on it - just like they did with the IE's.:bigthumb:

JFF:D

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts