Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Green with Envy R/T Classics opened for order today.

The pic below shows the order screen with the available options. I am going to order 10 to 15 of these and would like your input on them. If you were to order one for yourself, how would you want it equipped? Manual / Auto? Black Side Stripes or White Side Stripes? Nav / No Nav?

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Couldn't get this to load on the previous post, so here goes try number 2...
Auto, Sunroof, Nav.
Does it have to have side stripes? If so, the white is way too much. Black (matte?) definitely.
If you can have only the center/top stripes, White would be fine. but black means business.
Hope this helps...

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Auto, Sunroof, Nav.
Does it have to have side stripes? If so, the white is way too much. Black (matte?) definitely.
If you can have only the center/top stripes, White would be fine. but black means business.
Hope this helps...
The stripes are only on the side and the black stripes are a matte finish. There is no stripe delete, but they are easy to remove.

Thanks for the input as it definitely helps! :thumbsup:

Nice Mopar '10 by the way...

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like black stripes are the way to go on the majority of them...

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
The stripes are only on the side and the black stripes are a matte finish. There is no stripe delete, but they are easy to remove.

Thanks for the input as it definitely helps! :thumbsup:

Nice Mopar '10 by the way...
Thank you for the complement.
Matte strips definitely . The reason I said auto nav sunroof etc is I feel this car will appeal to the over 37 male and female who could afford the 'loaded' version in auto.
Might consider basics for the 6 sp crowd.
Just my humble opinion it's a beautiful car..

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I saw one with the black stripes at the Chicago Auto Show - nice. Since I live in the city and use mine as a daily driver, the Auto is my choice, but this car is meant for a six speed. I came off of a convertible, so the sunroof was a necessity, but I see there are lots of guys that don't want it. Ordering options is a crap shoot. When you order half of them, are you ordering the right ones? I have seen some R/Ts without the Electronics Convenience Group. Deal breaker for me. Then I see a car with it and the $700 headlamps. Kind of a bend over and load it on (if you really want the car). Nav is nice, but I have a $100 TomTom when I (rarely) need it. Another, if you are spending that much, just pay the price and enjoy your new car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Black stripes, no sunroof, 6 speed with Super Track Pack

·
Premium Member
2,328 Posts
Here is what I did. Have not placed the order though.
LCDX22
22X
ESG
DGJ
PGE
APA
*UL
-DV
MM8
YEP
AAK
AY2
RHR
TTX
YGF
3EJ
YOU CAN PM ME A QOUTE IF YOU WANT.

·
Registered
999 Posts
I would certainly consider some 6-speeds base, with maybe a sunroof as an option.

The classic already comes with the leather seats and track pack. If i was in the market for a GWE it would be with the least options possible considering the extra cost of the classis package. just my 2cents.

·
Registered
255 Posts
White Stripes,6 Speed,Nav, Sound Group 2 and no Sunroof. Can you get regular Classic Wheels? Or can you only get the New Special Wheels, Which are not very good looking.
Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
227 Posts
Do at least a couple without the sunroof, they're not for everyone.

·
Registered
151 Posts
GWE

6 speed manual
black body stripes
Super Track Pack
Sound Group 2
Power Sunroof
Tried to get the forged polished aluminum wheels, but am 0 for 2 so far. I have been told that the only option is the fugly honeycomb wheels on the GWE package.

It's a crime that they build such a beautiful machine, then put it on some crappy wheels, and then only give that option to buyers. Bad business decision imo.

·
Registered
37 Posts
For myself, I'd order just the GWE package, a 6sp, STP, white stripes, and no other options. Should make for a very affordable, highly unique piece. The white stripes are a bit much, but why not be that much more different with the crazy base color, already? Counterman.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,793 Posts
Not the answer you're looking for, but I'm really glad you're located so far away from me because I'd hate having 10-15 GWE R/T's or SRT's within 100 miles. I think I'd stick with the lower figure for this reason.

·
Registered
437 Posts
^^^ that is pretty f-in sick!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts