Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep seeing people say that they are holding out for SubLime, but it seems that Green with Envy is the same color or very, very close. Is this correct? See the 2011 Brochure thread for pics of the general brochure and the colors available.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
its a green...thats all anyone here is going to know

if it were exactly like sublime it would be called sublime

only Dodge knows what it really looks like

if your holding out for sublime your probably going to keep holding

·
Registered
820 Posts
Green with envy is not even close to sublime it looks like the green they have on the Camaro. I wish they would do sublime on a Challenger I would drop my order for my IE in a heart beat.

·
Registered
820 Posts
It still looks like crap, they know everyone has been waiting on sublime and they put out GWE.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, even of it is really not the same green, do you really think they'll release 2 green colors in the span of a year or two or three?

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
So, even of it is really not the same green, do you really think they'll release 2 green colors in the span of a year or two or three?

why not? they released 2 oranges and 2 blacks and 2 reds

i doubt they have 2 greens in the same year, so i doubt they make a sublime 2011 special edition....your stuck with 2012+ for sure

·
Registered
85 Posts
Green with envy is not even close to sublime it looks like the green they have on the Camaro. I wish they would do sublime on a Challenger I would drop my order for my IE in a heart beat.
Synergy Green is the Camaro color you're referring to, and if that's what it's comparable to, you'll have a very cool green.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
saw a synergy green camaro today...it's an aye catcher

·
Registered
280 Posts
The sublime equivalent Charger looks excellent, with that hint of pearl. If I knew they would release a sublime 392 Challenger, I would've traded in my 09 in a heartbeat (stripe delete with a flat-black hood), but when I consulted the Magic 8-ball, its sources pointed to 'no' :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
I know for certain that the 2 greens above are NOT GWE. One is FJ5 green and the other is FJ6 green. Those samples were painted by the shop that is working on my 70 FJ5 green Duster.

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
i saw a dealer paint chip,it did not look like sublime to me,it looked like metallic pea soup. i think i would have to see it on a challenger before i would pull the trigger on ordering one,i told the salesman that it didnt look good to me,i was ready to order a 2011 in sublime if they made it.the thing is sublime is a color most people dont like,only dedicated mopar people,and green in general is not popular,so i think dodge struck out by tampering with the classic sublime color.

·
Banned
311 Posts
If it's snakeskin green I am going to hold out on my 392 order ... can anyone confirm ? My dealer doesn't know anything..

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
If it's snakeskin green I am going to hold out on my 392 order ... can anyone confirm ? My dealer doesn't know anything..
Green with Envy is PGE and Snakeskin Green (Viper) is PGS. My understanding is that the only difference is the Viper gets a different clear coat application that provides a more show quality finish.

Looking at a Snakesking green color chip and a green with envy chip side by side, I can hardly tell a difference.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts