Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Well I thought since I am going tomorrow to do the final paper work for my new 2011 Green with Envy R/T, which will not get ordered until May 1st for some reason, that I would join this forum. I have wanted a new Challenger since they came out but figured I would wait to see if they would ever come out with green. Well, as most of you know they did, and here I am. I am so excited, but the dealer has told me it will probably be Sept before I get it. Oh well, good things come to those who wait.

Pale340
Clarksville, Tn
73 Dodge Dart "340" Sport
11 Challenger GWE R/T- Soon

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Ordering for GWE was closed (at least in the U.S.) on 3/25.

It seems odd a dealer is telling you he will order you a GWE car on 5/1. I would verify with your dealer that he is really able to do what he is telling you.

And welcome to the forum! :D

JFF:D

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I think his dealer is probably thinking that it will be available for the 2012 model year, which opens in May for many models.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
unless your getting it for under invoice and dont mind waiting 1/2 a year i wouldnt order one

wait and get one when it comes into dealer stock...ordering means you will be last on the list....

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
huggytree is probably right about dealer stock will likely be faster than ordering.

But you don't get all the FUN of waiting and watching like us that ordered do! :D

And you won't get your name on the sticker AND you may not get the car configured exactly as you would have wanted if you had ordered.

But being as ordering is closed, getting from dealer stock is likely your best bet now anyway.

JFF:D

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys, I just left the dealership and verified that starting tomorrow, they have 11 days to order a 2011 Green With Envy Challenger R/T Classic. He did say that SRT/8 is closed for this model year. He also verified that it would not be September but 12 weeks from date of order. This is information from the Area Rep and I am ordering from Huntsville, AL. I asked them to verify and he said to swing by tomorrow with my down payment and he will order it in front of me. I will keep you posted.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations on your order and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Guys, I just left the dealership and verified that starting tomorrow, they have 11 days to order a 2011 Green With Envy Challenger R/T Classic. He did say that SRT/8 is closed for this model year. He also verified that it would not be September but 12 weeks from date of order. This is information from the Area Rep and I am ordering from Huntsville, AL. I asked them to verify and he said to swing by tomorrow with my down payment and he will order it in front of me. I will keep you posted.

I'm sure I speak for everyone. How did you make out and are the GWE R/T's opened back up for 11 more days

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
no one can guarantee you 12 weeks.....if your lucky it could be under 12 weeks, if your unlucky it could be more.....the GWE's are already delayed a month or more...you may be getting yours when the 2012's arrive

it will be a cool car and i really like the RT rims better than the SRT ones....if you dont mind the wait you'll be happy for years...

my advice is still to wait and get it from the dealer when they come in though

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update

Well, I have an update. One dealer called and said they could not be ordered until May. The other dealer, the one that said they would open up ordering today, called and said maybe tomorrow. So, I said screw it and sent a pm to Lee Brown from Baxter Performance Auto Group. He contacted me with in a couple of hours and I am very happy and proud to say that I am going to take delivery of a 2011 GWE Challenger R/T Classic with 6spd, black stripes, interior appearance group, and the Super Track Pak and all at an awesome price. Thanks Lee and thanks everyone here. If it were not for this forum I would of ended up a very disgruntled individual this summer watching GWE Challengers driving by and me not owning one. Thanks Challenger Talk.

Chuck
aka Pale340
73 Dodge Dart 340 Sport-Pale Green
11 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic-Green With Envy
It all equals one happy camper.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You made the right call. Ordering would make you insane. It doesn't sound like the dealer could do it anyway and maybe they were just stringing you along until they found one or (if) ordering opened soon.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Well, I have an update. One dealer called and said they could not be ordered until May. The other dealer, the one that said they would open up ordering today, called and said maybe tomorrow. So, I said screw it and sent a pm to Lee Brown from Baxter Performance Auto Group. He contacted me with in a couple of hours and I am very happy and proud to say that I am going to take delivery of a 2011 GWE Challenger R/T Classic with 6spd, black stripes, interior appearance group, and the Super Track Pak and all at an awesome price. Thanks Lee and thanks everyone here. If it were not for this forum I would of ended up a very disgruntled individual this summer watching GWE Challengers driving by and me not owning one. Thanks Challenger Talk.

Chuck
aka Pale340
73 Dodge Dart 340 Sport-Pale Green
11 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic-Green With Envy
It all equals one happy camper.

Welcome to CT and congrats on the new GWE R/T. Since you really wanted green, great move on your part to go out and get one at a good price now. Reading thru this thread, I suspect the dealer with the May-order-for-September-delivery is crossing their fingers and assuming / hoping green will be available again on the 2012 models. Of course, no guarantee of that.

P.S. When you get a chance, post some pix of your Dart!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
pale340

Welcome to the forum. I'm from Clarksville,Tn. My names Mike and I drive a silver SRT-8 with black stripes down the side. I drive mostly on the Wilma-Rudoulph and Madison street area. If you see me around say hey if you want and we can talk about our cars.:thumbsup: i'd would really like to see a GWE in person.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
I would like to say welcome to the best Challenger Forum. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM any of the Admin/Moderators.

Also, please be sure to read General Forum Rules - Dodge Challenger Forum: Challenger & SRT8 Forums

Thanks for joining our forum, please enjoy and we look forward to your participation. :bigthumb:

i know that Dodge is running behind by a couple of months with this color and the first batch of pigments was rejected and the second batch may have shipped but no answers yet you know the pigments come from Japan...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts