Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. I have a line on a 2011 Challenger RT Classic in Green with Envy. One owner, only 32000 miles. I'm considering trading in my 2010 RT Challenger with similar mileage on it, and thinking I'll probably have to kick in another 6 to 8 grand. What's your thought?

·
Premium Member
2,659 Posts
No way I'd kick in 6 or 8 grand for almost the same car.

·
Premium Member
9,343 Posts
Absolutely not, there is zero gain other than the nice color. If your car was say 3-4 years older maybe but in this scenario I wouldn't.
Would you be paying cash for the difference, I am guessing no and if I'm correct then it's a HELL NO.
Enjoy what you have, it would be better to have an extra 6-8 K in the bank. A car is just a car when you need money. I've owned four dozen cars and made some bad choices in my day. These days money counts more than cars as retirement is only 6 years away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was thinking more about the limited numbers of the green with envy. Less than 1600 made in RT Classic and SRT.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
I was thinking more about the limited numbers of the green with envy. Less than 1600 made in RT Classic and SRT.
There is absolutely zero added value for a limited color on a modern Challenger. Also, Green with Envy is one of the least favorite colors out there too. I know that that is subjective but it would be harder to sell that car because of that color. Save your money and add a supercharger or other mods to your car!

Post some pics of your car, looks like a cool car!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Question is....Do you like the GWE over your present color? If so do you like it enough to pay the cash difference in the price? If the answer to both of the questions is "Yes" then go for it.provided it does not put you in a financial hole. As other have said, just on a year to year comparison it does not make sense but if it is the color you really ant then......

·
Registered
424 Posts
So you're considering this as an investment?

Do yourself a favor and go put that money in a Roth IRA. Keep your current car and enjoy it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi folks. I have a line on a 2011 Challenger RT Classic in Green with Envy. One owner, only 32000 miles. I'm considering trading in my 2010 RT Challenger with similar mileage on it, and thinking I'll probably have to kick in another 6 to 8 grand. What's your thought?
How much are they asking? I just bought a 2011 GWE 6.4L SRT8 with 24K on it for $27K

·
Premium Member
9,343 Posts
There is absolutely zero added value for a limited color on a modern Challenger. Also, Green with Envy is one of the least favorite colors out there too. I know that that is subjective but it would be harder to sell that car because of that color. Save your money and add a supercharger or other mods to your car!

Post some pics of your car, looks like a cool car!
Actually it's a very popular color. They do well at car shows. It's candy apple green in generic terms.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Actually it's a very popular color. They do well at car shows. It's candy apple green in generic terms.
I'm not arguing preference. Let's just put it this way: while Dodge does at times offer some colors with late availability, they didn't limit the number of GWE cars that could be produced. It wasn't a popular color and didn't sell well. This doesn't mean that it doesn't have a following, or that it doesn't stand out at shows. Just because it's an "exotic color" for some at a show doesn't mean they want in in their garage... It's a more difficult color for resale purposes for this very reason. It's needs that GWE fan that absolutely prefers the color.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Totally agree with Yellow Jacket 2012. But I ponder aloud about the resale value of any 7 year old Challenger RT.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think I'd do that, if I really wanted a color change on the same car I'd just consider getting a vinyl wrap, but that's me. You do have a good looking car :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts