Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I just recently acquired my 2015 Sublime Green ScatPack 6spd with only 3,900 :headbang2: miles last week and have been lurking since, I'm planning on upgrading my suspension (lowering), and doing other basic mods, intake, engine dress up and thats probably about it because this car is freakin awesome and doesn't need anything else except a driver in my opinion, I've only been able to drive it twice due to the weather, but man this summer is gonna be freakin' great ! Anyway you'll probably see some post's from me in the next few days after I have a chance to search the forum to see if they can be answered that way first.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,619 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Welcome from Maryland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Pittsburgh area here too. Welcome.

With our world-reknown potholes, and otherwise shitty condition streets, roads and interstate highways in this area, lowering your Challenger is inviting loads of frustration as you ding up the lower extremities of your car. Next time you see a C6 or C7 Corvette in our area (one that's been driven, not a garage-queen), look at the underside and see your future.

My Challenger is stock height, and the plastic belly pan under the motor looks like I've been rock-climbing with it. I've never damaged any wheels or bottomed out the suspension, but I've scraped the bottom chin spoiler more than once.

If you get too low, you'll be afraid to drive it like it wants to be driven.

·
Registered
19 Posts
West Pittsburgh area here also.
You might want to re-consider lowering the car in this area the roads are horrific. I drive mostly in WV or OH and they take care of their roads. The gas is much cheaper also. My 16 SPS is at 428 miles with a top speed of 128 so far not even trying. If you bought her for sunny good weather weekend driving like I did consider remodeling your garage because she will be in it alot.

Enjoy your car and I will keep a look out for you on the roads I really like the sublime green.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Another Pittsburgher, here. Welcome. I like the AWD on mine since they they do a crap job clearing the roads.

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,020 Posts
Welcome to the forum from central PA.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,235 Posts
Welcome!

Originally from Pittsburgh, but currently in Manassas, VA

(go Steelers!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Congrats on purchase northeast Ohio here ashtabula. I have a 2015 sublime green rt plus 6 speed just drive it to florida enjoying the sun. Welcome enjoy

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Congratulations and welcome aboard! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh trust me, I know how bad the roads are around here, im not trying to slam it, just get rid of the fender gap (one to two finger range) and its definitely a fair weather ride, but that was the plan when I bought it, I already started the customization process, have some LED fogs and interior lights coming from DiodeDynamics, new centercaps from Steve White motors, and smoked Oracle LED side markers, now I just need to decide if I want to do springs or coilovers, still reading up on those and deciding if I want the Mopar cold air intake or if I just want to do the Hellcat intake mod, and I really want a Barton shifter but that might have to wait til next summer if I go the coilover route, anyway thanks for the welcomes, maybe I’ll see some of you at some of the car shows this summer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts