Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I am not new to Mopars but have been away from them for a few years. I retired last April and have gotten an itch to buy a Challenger. Its not an easy process to select the 'one' I want but I am doping some research. I doubt I will get into the Hellcat or Demon family but am looking for the best combo that works for me and my old school desires on a new model. I have looking at the SRT 392, the T/A and The Scat Pack. I may end up waiting till the 2019 models to really narrow down my desire but I have noticed when I build my own (on my then on occasion) , there aren't any exact matches at local dealers so I may have to order one. Lots to learn and think about. Anyway I will be doing some reading and may ask a few questions. :wink3: The last Challenger I owned was a 1973 340 4spd so its been awhile!!!! :yikes:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Good luck with your search - its half the fun! Post some pics when you get her.

Reactions: 70fc7gtx

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :) You will find a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Good luck in your search, and welcome from Maryland!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,625 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
10,024 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome from Hellinois! I just got Mine last March. First Challenger......I don't know why but......another story.
You are living the "good old days", the search for that perfect Challenger. I agree with you choices. If you are on a budget the Scat Pack. If not an SRT or anything in between. Don't worry at all about stripes being on the car. Done easily enough. Sometimes starting with a blank slate is fun........ You have 392 so A8 or M6, then color etc.....
I went to Dodge.com and looked through their inventory on the models you like within a 200 mile span. Then on the different dealers lots. You'll get to know the volume discounters and those who don't. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I went to Dodge.com and looked through their inventory on the models you like within a 200 mile span. Then on the different dealers lots. You'll get to know the volume discounters and those who don't. Good luck!
Thanks. I did alot of local dealer searching yesterday and noticed a big swing in pricing.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Thanks. I did alot of local dealer searching yesterday and noticed a big swing in pricing.

I had to drive well over an hour one way. Can't wait to do it again! Really like that place.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems I have gravitated towards the T/A 392 or the 392 Scat Pack/w Shaker. I sure wish Plumcrazy were sill available on these models.:crying:

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
It seems I have gravitated towards the T/A 392 or the 392 Scat Pack/w Shaker. I sure wish Plumcrazy were sill available on these models.:crying:

Yep yep yep, there ya go. You've got it. Now, which HOOD do you like better. The shaker or the T/A? Then you will have it. IMHO! Stripes come and go. Which hood do you want to stare at.......... I definitely know what I would prefer but that doesn't matter. I suggest driving them. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yep yep yep, there ya go. You've got it. Now, which HOOD do you like better. The shaker or the T/A? Then you will have it. IMHO! Stripes come and go. Which hood do you want to stare at.......... I definitely know what I would prefer but that doesn't matter. I suggest driving them. Good luck!!!
Well I have always liked the Challenger T/A that dated back to 1970 but the odd thing about these tribute cars is the current T/A has a AAR style hood so the hood isn't actually correct for a T/A (compared to the original version). And the Shaker speaks for itself. An iconic Mopar symbol! So if I could find the right package, I would probably go with a 392 Scat pack/w Shaker.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well I have always liked the Challenger T/A that dated back to 1970 but the odd thing about these tribute cars is the current T/A has a AAR style hood so the hood isn't actually correct for a T/A (compared to the original version). And the Shaker speaks for itself. An iconic Mopar symbol! So if I could find the right package, I would probably go with a 392 Scat pack/w Shaker.

Bingo! Good luck. That is exactly what I would do.

·
Registered
716 Posts
The only time I ever understand how my wife feels when she goes shopping is when I go shopping for a Challenger. Now that's fun shopping!! And even more fun to take it home and park it in the garage!!

Reactions: silver scat

·
Premium Member
N/A
1,814 Posts
I was disappointed the present T/A has AAR hoods, PCP would be an awesome color on modern day T/A good luck in your search.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts