Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to go fast today (in Mexico obviously) and when I started going past 141 there was this weird noise that came from the rear passenger side of the car. (Video attached) The car is an automatic 2018 Challenger Scatpack that is still under warranty.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Registered
perhaps it was air getting in or making something flutter/flex/flap..can do wierd things, make wierd sounds at that speed.
thats, or its the mexican policia! 馃殦馃殦馃殦馃殦

Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Good to see you are driving carefully :rolleyes:

A Guy

Registered
2019 Sublime Shaker and 2010 Detonator Yellow R/T Classic
That was your guardian angel begging you to slow down in a construction zone lol. That does sound like some wind noise, do you have a sun roof? Is it a high pitched noise? It's hard to tell in the video.

Super Moderator
its possible that the wheel well liner flexes at high speeds and made contact with the tire sidewall - especially if you have wider tires or different wheels from OEM

Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
its possible that the wheel well liner flexes at high speeds and made contact with the tire sidewall - especially if you have wider tires or different wheels from OEM
Was going to suggest the same thing. If I take really tight turns the flimsy bottom of the wheel well liner rubs my rear tire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts