Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed this a couple days ago when I did a U turn that forced me to turn the steering wheel all the way to the left, as the car slowly turned I could hear something over the radio. I replicated it today with the radio off to make sure I wasn't crazy and again a grinding sound happened. Car is almost brand new so it will be under warranty but is this something to take it to the dealer about?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,851 Posts
I'd turn the wheel all the way to the left while stopped, and see if you can see where the tire might be/have been touching. The fender liner, etc. If you find nothing touching, perhaps someone can stand outside the wheel and see if they can determine the source while you slowly circle to the left. Certainly I'd want the dealer to look at it, but if you can show them where to look, or better yet, find something out of place to just move yourself, that would be best

A Guy

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I had a steering angle sensor go bad in the steering wheel itself. Could feel and hear it. Threw dash codes though. Could be warranty. Happened on my 09 R/T.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts