Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

New att the forum and here´s my first question (I have made a search but couldn´t find any answer for this in older threads)

I´ve got a popping electronic noise in the left dash speaker on my 2010 R/T. It sounds exactly like that GSM search buzz that cellphones causes on electronic audio equipment, you now - "Da-tada-da-tada-da tada". I first assumed it was my own cellphone that was the source for this disturbance but it will be heard even when the phone is off. The noise is still there when the engine has been turned off and lasts untill the clock numbers on the reciever display goes out. Then it´s quiet.
The car got a stock single disc AM/FM/Sirius/MP3 reciever but no NAV and no EVIC.

Anyone now what this is and how to make it go away?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
In the owners manual it says the RER type radio has a GPS controlled time setting. Since I have the RES/RSC type radio I assume the time is not auto set by GPS. So, is there something else in the car that could recieve or transmit a GPS signal?

No one else that has experienced this noise?

Edit: Just realized I mixed up GSM with GPS here...:nerd::grin2: But anyhow, the last question still applies...

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Interested.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A local technician said it could be the OnStar emergency call system that caused the buzz. But as far as I can see the Challenger does not have OnStar, and I believe only GM cars are equipped with that system.

The radio has Uconnect and SIRIUS satellite radio. But I haven´t activated any of those and the buzz is heard even when the radio is off anyway.

Still a mystery...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts