Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back again.

Hope all of ya'll had a safe and happy holiday and are enjoying the roads as we roll in the new year.
As we continue to grow as a community and remain the dominant force I want to encourage everyone to KEEP APPLYING THE PRESSURE.

With that being said, I am beginning to make my decisions as to what mods(V6) I will be applying this year.
However, with my only technical experience coming from firearms and airplane manufacturing I am seeking assistance from any who are willing.

First and foremost, which tools should I look into ordering so that way I am able to do all the work on my vehicle?
What lift should I invest to?
Which brands do you recommend and why?

Thanks again.

Best,
theyear2563

·
Registered
2020 SPS, M6, Go Mango
421 Posts
I mean no disrespect; but I get a little cart before the horse vibe. Getting a lift seems way down the line of tools needed. To start with basic mods, you need a basic set of tools. Wrenches, socket sets, various nut and screw drivers. Brands all depends on what you to spend. You really can do 90 % of mods with these tools. Then just pick up specialty tools as needed, or be cheap like me and borrow them from oriellys.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Second the above. It really depends on what you're doing to your car and your timeline. Most small mods can be done with basic tools. A small tool box (with wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers), a good jack, jack stands. If you need a lift try to make friends with someone who has one. If you're going all out to buy specialty tools and a lift you're going to be dishing out thousands when you could have just spent that money on a higher trim level and saved yourself a load of hassle.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Tools are a tricky thing. You can’t go wrong with grabbing a good set of ratcheting metric wrenches and normal metric wrenches. Like said above a good jack and jack stands are key as well. If you aren’t doing a bunch of wrench I get various vehicles the. You don’t need a lift. If you are dead set on gettinng one Bendpak makes very good lifts that last. You get what you pay fir though so do some research like everything in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

78 Posts
Down the line you'd see that the basic tools you need like what our guys here say would do 90% of the work.

You can always get something rented out probably or borrowed from friends who's got one, instead of buying one and not getting your money's worth

Just saying 😉🙃🙂

Mention You Are From The Forum For The Best Deals
Check Out The*All NEW BD-F25

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]

Click here and visit our pages
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels

1 - 5 of 5 Posts