Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to wake up my 2019 GT a little. Don't want to do a full exhaust replacement right now so looking at resonator delete and replacement mufflers. I also have a neighbour with a welder so I can do the work myself.

So questions is, if I get 2 Flowmaster super 44s, what inlet/outlet configuration is easiest to install in place of the existing mufflers? The existing mufflers look like centre in/centre out. The super 44s are wider though. So do I need an offset for them to fit?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Want to wake up my 2019 GT a little. Don't want to do a full exhaust replacement right now so looking at resonator delete and replacement mufflers. I also have a neighbour with a welder so I can do the work myself.

So questions is, if I get 2 Flowmaster super 44s, what inlet/outlet configuration is easiest to install in place of the existing mufflers? The existing mufflers look like centre in/centre out. The super 44s are wider though. So do I need an offset for them to fit?

Any advice is appreciated.
I did the exact same thing, but used dual outlets. Looks cool, but I recommend keeping the existing rectangular outlets. The sound good, too. And a helluva a lot easier. Didn't have to do anything but slide them together and weld away. Not much drone, and sounds bad-ass for little 'ol V6. Especially when you get on it!

Which we know all good Challenger owners do on a regular basis.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did the exact same thing, but used dual outlets. Looks cool, but I recommend keeping the existing rectangular outlets. The sound good, too. And a helluva a lot easier. Didn't have to do anything but slide them together and weld away. Not much drone, and sounds bad-ass for little 'ol V6. Especially when you get on it!

Which we know all good Challenger owners do on a regular basis.
Cheers, I already have quad tips in place of the stock ones (that are attached to the rear of the car).

So do you have 2 super 44s that are single in and dual out?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,019 Posts
Unsure if any change between 2016 SXT and 2019 GT, but here is what the 2016 exhaust looks like

I suspect an offset inlet/outlet might be easiest. Otherwise you'll be angled

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hold on here, the six has a full dual exhaust from the factory? I've been looking at a GT awd pretty seriously but I didn't realize this. Cool!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yep - true dual exhaust from the factory - even on the V6. I was surprised too. So far, I have been impressed with the 3.6L V6 - it seems to be a VERY reliable engine based on what I've read. Not going to win any drag races, but plenty of power for daily driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts