Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just changed my original hood out for a new SRT hood strictly for aesthetic reasons. I also bought the silencer for the hood which has the SRT logo imprint. What I want to know is if there's a difference with the GT hood that is now coming on the newer challengers? Is the silencer the same without the SRT logo? I have a 2016 RT Plus and would like all badging to be RT related. I wouldn't want anyone to think I'm trying to up badge lol. Does anyone have knowledge on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts
I can tell you nobody will care as long as you don't put badges on the outside.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can tell you nobody will care as long as you don't put badges on the outside.
Thanks for your reply! That's definitely great to hear as i know how ppl feel about up badging. Do you know if the hoods are different as for as functionality or is it the same hood with a newer name/part #?

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,876 Posts
I don't know 100% because I haven't looked it up, but my deductive reasoning leads me to believe they're functionally the same. I don't see why Dodge would go through the trouble of redesigning it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know 100% because I haven't looked it up, but my deductive reasoning leads me to believe they're functionally the same. I don't see why Dodge would go through the trouble of redesigning it.
Thanks again @praiseV8 I appreciate your input!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,849 Posts
The hood should be the same. Both 2019 GT and R/T have that hood. I suspect either would be blank, but can't confirm as the parts breakdown for hood doesn't seem to list the insulator/silencer

It may be 68385510AC but no pictures exist on the internet, lol

A Guy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts