Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at upgrading the factory wheels on my GT. I've narrowed it down to two different rims:

MMR VP5's in gunmetal with 35 mm offset: MRR VP5 20x9 5x115 Gun Metal Wheels Rims (Set of 4) | eBay

Or

Replica Alloy: Replica Wheel Charger SRT8 in Matte Black 20mm off set: Wheel Details - Discount Tire Direct

I'm going with Continental Extreme Contact in 275 40 R20 for the rubber...they were the best rated winter traction all season radial in an article I found.

TOP 10 Best: All-Season High Performance Tires ~ 2016 ? Tire Sniffer Blog: The Ultimate Tire Shopping & Marketplace Resource for Smarter Tire Shoppers

So..here's my question: how big and what difference will the 15mm difference in offset between the two rims make on my car. I know the MMR's will actually fit the GT as there is a board member running them. Will the 20mm fit? I kind of hope so as I really like the matte black look vs gunmetal.

Thanks,
Sam

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need some back up BEFORE I pull the trigger...

...here's the specs for OEM GT Rims:

Product ID: ALY2544U/2609
Product: Wheel/Rim
Material: Aluminum
Style: 5 Split Spoke
Finish: Polished or Smoked Hyper
Size: 19x7.5
Lugs: 5
Bolt Pattern: 115mm
Offset: 55mm
Option Code: WBJ
Indents: 5PN34TRMAA
OE Part Number: 5PN341STAA

And here's the Specs for Scat Pack Rims that UP is successfully running on his GT:

Product ID: ALY2526
Style: 10 Spoke
Finish: Black Polished
Size: 20x9
Offset: 25.5
Option Code: WR2
Indents: 5LD37TRMAA, 5LD371XFAA
OE Part Number: Not Yet Known

Big difference in offsets, but seems to be okay.

Here's the specs on what I'd like to try:

Product ID: ALY2523U79
Style: 5 Y-Spoke
Finish: Powder Coat Hyper Dark
Size: 20x8
Offset: 24mm
Option Code: WSQ
Indents: 1ZV91JXYAA, 1ZV911STAA, 1ZV911STAB
OE Part Number: Not Yet Known

They look similar to the factory GT rims and I have to think the 1.5 mm difference in setback between the Scats and these cannot be crucial. Additionally, they'd only be 8" Rims vs the Scat's 9" so I'd only be adding .5" compared to OEM GT's. Whaddya think? Go for it?

·
Premium Member
564 Posts
I think the 1.5mm off set difference from the Scat Pack wheels should be more than made up by the wheels being 1" narrower they may not stick out quite as far as mine. I don't have any photos yet but since the scat pack wheels I installed the Mopar splash guards on to help keep the dirt and stones from being thrown up on the rocker panels. I think the splash guards look good on the GT and will be more useful in the winter with the GT wheels.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,852 Posts
I think the 1.5mm off set difference from the Scat Pack wheels should be more than made up by the wheels being 1" narrower they may not stick out quite as far as mine. I don't have any photos yet but since the scat pack wheels I installed the Mopar splash guards on to help keep the dirt and stones from being thrown up on the rocker panels. I think the splash guards look good on the GT and will be more useful in the winter with the GT wheels.
No pictures yet! :surprise:

A Guy ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to the form, I have had My Challenger GT for the past 5 months. Going to bring it into the dealership next week on Tuesday. Wondering if anybody else is having the same issue. In the morning when I go to leave when I press down on the gas I have no throttle response and then a jolt of power happens three or four times and then the car runs normal.
On another note things I've added to my Challenger. I will send pictures in the future I have added the K&N cold air intake deleted Mufflers tinted windows. trying to find a performance throttle body now or a chip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts