Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With just 26" Hoosier slicks and Racestar wheels this stock GT500 is running 11:16's in the 1/4 mile.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's not my car. However I will be buying Hoosier slicks and Racestar rims this winter to see if I can replicate that guys run in the Spring at ATCO or Englistown.

Happy New Year !!!!

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car squats pretty good when you nail it, but I have not had it to the track yet nor is it fully broken in. I will find out in the Spring :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
i am installing an upper controll arm and lower control arms on my shelby tomorrow (it has all of 400 miles on it) this is all in preparation for drag racing in the spring. I have 18 inch M&H drag radials on re pop wheels as well. I really hope my times do not get down where the guy in this video is as i just do not want to have to cage the car. 11.51 would be just fine with me.

Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very cool Dave, post up some pictures of the progress either here or over on the GT500 site :bigthumb:

I am so psyched with the GT500, you virtually have an over abundance of choices to make your car yours and to go fast.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
i thought they all had stripes too. the suspension did seem a little soft in the rear for stock to me too. but even a stock motor and trans running low 11's is awesome

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
The 11.5 ish is a very typical run for these cars, they have the same problems as the Challengers, wheel hope and traction, I would assume the rear suspension was changed to help both problems.
Tout

·
Banned
1,540 Posts
I was worried he would scrape off the exhaust tips. Impressive car IMO.

Jack

1 - 12 of 12 Posts